PDA

View Full Version : Headshots in GoW?

Uday23
05-25-2006, 08:10 PM
well i was wondering if their will be Headshots in the game, will it be like BF2 MC were heads shots arent really important or will it be more like Halo 2 were headshots are really important, this questions is specifically for the sniper, will it take one shot to the head or one shot anyway on the body? like all the unreal games will an anouncer yell "headshot" when it happens, will there even be an anouncer?????

Ferretwave333
05-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Well it seemed in the Single Player demo that headshots weren't particuarly effective against the Locust.

Uday23
05-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Well it seemed in the Single Player demo that headshots weren't particuarly effective against the Locust.

true, but i have seen player aim for the head and sometimes the enemies go down much faster, i just saw a vid in which a guy killed a locust in like 5 seconds with like 10 pistol HS, either way it doesnt really matter to me, HS or No HS this game will be great!

JustinR
05-25-2006, 08:23 PM
well considering you can destroy a guy with a chainsaw Im pretty sure we will see some head shots if not it'll be ok just by watching the videos there is already tons of the red stuff spraying off the enemies.

Uday23
05-25-2006, 08:24 PM
well considering you can destroy a guy with a chainsaw Im pretty sure we will see some head shots if not it'll be ok just by watching the videos there is already tons of the red stuff spraying off the enemies.

LOL "the red stuff", it looks sooooo cool!

Uday23
05-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Off topic: i hope the sniper shots will show lines of there path like halo 2 so you kinda know where they came from! sorry back to the topic at hand

UnrealWars
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
More then likely there is going to be headshots in the game. Since there is a sniper rifle.

Brumak
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Off topic: i hope the sniper shots will show lines of there path like halo 2 so you kinda know where they came from! sorry back to the topic at hand

thats just assenine. in reality. does the army want to have a little smoke trail follwing behind its high caliber rifle rounds just in case he misses(or hits) the target. so the targets posse can immediatly pinpoint where there highly trained assassins location is.i dont think so....sniping is an art of stealth....if your bullets had an indicator to where you are ....than why the hell did you train to become a master of concealment...why even bother if your ass is going to be picked off.:confused:

Zoso Fan
05-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I want to be satisfied when headshoting a locust in gears... I want a crater in there head and brains spilling out the top of their head!

Brumak
05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
You dont get out much do you?...just kidding:)

Koric101
05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
You dont get out much do you?...just kidding:)

lol, u have to admit tho, it would be cool

Brumak
05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
id be just as happy w/ dismemberment from the neck down...but nothing overexagerated like shooting them until theyre nothing but bloody chunks

Uday23
05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
thats just assenine. in reality. does the army want to have a little smoke trail follwing behind its high caliber rifle rounds just in case he misses(or hits) the target. so the targets posse can immediatly pinpoint where there highly trained assassins location is.i dont think so....sniping is an art of stealth....if your bullets had an indicator to where you are ....than why the hell did you train to become a master of concealment...why even bother if your ass is going to be picked off.:confused:

well halo 2 had it and i don't even need to mention how popular the sniper was in that game, i am just saying its an opition, and u need to calm ur ass down, its just an opinion, i am just saying that sometimes ppl find a good spot to snipe and then they stay there for the whole game, in halo 2 u can kinda find out where they are, or in BF2 MC after u are killed the camera points in the direction of the killer, these are just suggestions, whether EPIC makes features like this doesnt really matter to me, AND NEXT TIME DON'T FLAME!

Uday23
05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
id be just as happy w/ dismemberment from the neck down...but nothing overexagerated like shooting them until theyre nothing but bloody chunks

....like in some games, i hate when that happens it's so stupid

Koric101
05-26-2006, 12:34 AM

I do think that the Headshots helped, when I saw the locust's get shot in the head they seemed to go down faster, maybe they were just shot a lot off camera though.

That's a good question for Epic and one that I don't think would compromise any surprizes they have for us. Is there any change in damage w/head shots?

soda
05-26-2006, 02:39 AM
I want to be satisfied when headshoting a locust in gears... I want a crater in there head and brains spilling out the top of their head!
that would be awesome!

Whistlerman
05-26-2006, 02:59 AM
it seems like in the demo it takes a lot to take down a locust

]|M|[_-Seven-_]
05-26-2006, 04:20 AM
I dont really see how u can get a one shot kill on a Locust..? :confused:
I mean just look at any of the vid's and there is just tons of bullets before they even go down..

soda
05-26-2006, 05:52 AM
|M|[_-Seven-_]']I dont really see how u can get a one shot kill on a Locust..? :confused:
I mean just look at any of the vid's and there is just tons of bullets before they even go down..
and that was on easy!
this is gonna be one hellva game to take down on hard

chron1caust
05-26-2006, 06:03 AM
I hope that there's headshots

seph
05-26-2006, 07:38 AM
As mentioned above, headshots won't be as effective on Locust. They aren't humanoids but while shooting a Locust in the head will probably do more damage and be more efficient than shooting one in the arm/leg.

D3LTA 38
05-26-2006, 05:10 PM
You need headshots just not instakill.

Uday23
05-26-2006, 07:26 PM
|M|[_-Seven-_]']I dont really see how u can get a one shot kill on a Locust..? :confused:

i think a sniper shot to the head might kill them in one shot, but who knows...

electric flesh
05-26-2006, 09:44 PM
i think a sniper shot to the head might kill them in one shot, but who knows...

That's what I was going to say. If not, then those Locusts have some freakin' thick noggins.

Brute Luck
05-26-2006, 09:48 PM
well its an EPIC game so im sure there will be headshots...and you'll get some cool "HEADSHOT" notice, but will you really need it in this game? are you going to reall aim for the head if your in cover and getting shot at?...now if your sniping from far back then yes i could understand, but i really dont think Headshots will be that big of a deal.

Brumak
05-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Due to balancing issues. i believe the locust will be nowhere nearly as resistant to firearms in mulitiplayer as they are in the singleplayer game

Zoso Fan
05-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Unless the Gears are just as strong in SP. I think a shot to the arm or leg will be just as effective (Taken info from the demo at E3) because you can blow off lims, and they dont seem to survive that... :)

seph
05-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Unless the Gears are just as strong in SP. I think a shot to the arm or leg will be just as effective (Taken info from the demo at E3) because you can blow off lims, and they dont seem to survive that... :)

Yes, but when you blow of a limb it will be a finishing hit.

Head = Less bullets

Arm/Leg = More bullets

Nothing changes. You can blow of a limb, but since it's a finishing hit, you still have to shoot him more times than when you shoot him in the head.:)

UnrealWars
05-27-2006, 03:01 PM
They would have to make headshots more powerfull, its just common sense. You get hit in the head with a bullet, it is going to do alot more damage then if you get hit in the leg.

Uday23
05-27-2006, 03:52 PM
^^^so true!, nice ideas everyone!

chron1caust
05-28-2006, 11:55 PM
They would have to make headshots more powerfull, its just common sense. You get hit in the head with a bullet, it is going to do alot more damage then if you get hit in the leg.
Stupid Locust are gonna take forever to kill in the single player though

UnrealWars
05-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Stupid Locust are gonna take forever to kill in the single player though

In the single player campaign i can see killing Locust taking forever because they have to be stronger and have more protection with there rough skin. In muliplayer though, i think they will change it to where you have all the usuall multiplayer kills like headshots.

sector9
04-03-2007, 06:59 PM
pooo .

DiscombobulatedThi
04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
What are we talking about? Gears of war headshots? Course they make a difference!

cardfan_01
04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
yeah it matters because their skull goes flying and its one less man to worry about

DiscombobulatedThi
04-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Headshots to more damage to enemies on all difficulties, end of story.

Sundull
04-03-2007, 09:02 PM
You do realize that the OP asked this almost a year ago, right?

xGoingBANANAZx
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
pooo .

Why the F*CK did you bump a YEAR OLD THREAD to say "pooo"? Stop spamming.

Sundull
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Why the F*CK did you bump a YEAR OLD THREAD to say "pooo"? Stop spamming.

Nice. You tell him.

sector9
04-03-2007, 09:19 PM
i just wanted to see what would happen :-P
also people always complain about making multpl. threads with the same topic