PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War Extras?

ChaosKnight
05-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I was just wondering if Gears of War will have any extra features... like new suits for Marcus and the team or maybe unlockable weapons? Heck, it doesnt have to be the game at launch but I was wondering if anything was planned even for Xbox Live?

Also post your ideas for special extras! ^_^

Uday23
05-23-2006, 11:59 PM
I was just wondering if Gears of War will have any extra features... like new suits for Marcus and the team or maybe unlockable weapons? Heck, it doesnt have to be the game at launch but I was wondering if anything was planned even for Xbox Live?

Also post your ideas for special extras! ^_^

ur talking about downloadable content through xbl, right? well they havent officially anounced anything yet, but Cliffy B said he like the whole general downloadable content idea, hopefully they will have stuff like maps, weapons, skins...

Zoso Fan
05-24-2006, 12:00 AM
I just want a NEW THEME and GAMERPICTURES ::hint::

Jye'Delai
05-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Maybe a device that transforms a COG into Locust and vice versa

chron1caust
05-24-2006, 06:21 PM
New skins and crap would be awesome

HorTyS
05-24-2006, 08:27 PM
i think the best DLC would be new multiplayer maps and/ or single player missions. i guess new skins for the characters could be cool, but as long as the standard ones aren't lame (which it doesn't look like they are) then i wouldn't really care...

UnrealWars
05-24-2006, 08:41 PM
With the backing behind this game, its probably going to be the next XBL hit, Knowing this, they are more then likely going to add more mulitplayer maps. What i want to know is if you can have both COG's and Locust on the same team. Sort of like mix and match. It would make some crazy looking teams!

Uday23
05-24-2006, 08:52 PM
i think the best DLC would be new multiplayer maps and/ or single player missions. i guess new skins for the characters could be cool, but as long as the standard ones aren't lame (which it doesn't look like they are) then i wouldn't really care...

i doubt that they will have new Single player missions that u can download, how could they add a random level into the story, it wouldnt work...

With the backing behind this game, its probably going to be the next XBL hit, Knowing this, they are more then likely going to add more mulitplayer maps. What i want to know is if you can have both COG's and Locust on the same team. Sort of like mix and match. It would make some crazy looking teams!

i dont think u can mix and match, b/c it wouldnt make anysense, they have already stated its always going to be COG vs Locust, well i am pretty sure, it would be cool anyway...

Zoso Fan
05-24-2006, 09:02 PM
They will probaly add new maps and stuff once the game is out for a while. (similar to Call of Duty 2)

seph
05-25-2006, 01:18 AM
ur talking about downloadable content through xbl, right? well they havent officially anounced anything yet, but Cliffy B said he like the whole general downloadable content idea, hopefully they will have stuff like maps, weapons, skins...

Not necssarily. There are several games, where you have the option to unlock special features by achievments.

ChaosKnight
05-28-2006, 10:38 PM
You know what would be awesome... if Epic creates a Carolina Hurricanes jersey for Marcus... come on! theres gotta be some Hockey fans at Epic! and since Carolina is up 3-2 now (yay for their win tonight! good overtime win) in the semi-finals against the Sabres.... I think Epic should set something up lol...

Ok... yes i like hockey thats why im suggested it lol. (go canada)

But i guess its not likly eh?

http://ourworld.cs.com/DaCloudZ69/GoCarolina.jpg

Zoso Fan
05-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I want to be able to unlock characters from Unreal Tournament (like malcom) that would be rad! :)

Whistlerman
05-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm sure they will do something like halo2

seph
05-29-2006, 08:04 AM
The multiplayer screenshots from GearsRealm (www.gearsrealm.com) reveals that there are more then only one common armor for both the COGs and the Locust.

Downloadable content would be fantastic too, though.:)

Rexx Doom
06-02-2006, 10:52 PM
I just want more info on what types of stuff they'll have for dlc. Something confirmed and not speculated, but I'm sure we'll all play the waiting game.

Uday23
06-02-2006, 10:57 PM
^^^^probably mp maps, themes, gamer pics....

Locust Bait
06-02-2006, 11:20 PM
I want to be able to unlock characters from Unreal Tournament (like malcom) that would be rad! :)
MALCOLM RULES!!! As you can see I'm a HUGE Malcolm fan (Thundercrash team fan for the matter)

HorTyS
06-03-2006, 03:45 AM
i doubt that they will have new Single player missions that u can download, how could they add a random level into the story, it wouldnt work...

they wouldn't have to add a random level into the story, they could add another level or 2 that takes place AFTER the games main storyline, like a prequel to a sequel, if you know what i mean. obviously i wouldn't want something that would just injects partway through the single player, just something that continues the story a little bit more or something, like how the first splinter cell had kola cell and vselka missions....

Corpse Grinder
06-03-2006, 10:25 AM
I like the idea of "episode" content, extra missions/levels that continue the main story of the game and give you just enough to keep you busy until the next game. I think a level every couple of months would be great and would keep the game fresh.

Gearcommando
06-03-2006, 12:47 PM
I just want a NEW THEME and GAMERPICTURES ::hint::

so do i they'll prolly put maps and maybe skins on the marketplace weapons a be nice

Locust Bait
06-03-2006, 07:03 PM
they wouldn't have to add a random level into the story, they could add another level or 2 that takes place AFTER the games main storyline, like a prequel to a sequel, if you know what i mean. obviously i wouldn't want something that would just injects partway through the single player, just something that continues the story a little bit more or something, like how the first splinter cell had kola cell and vselka missions....
that would be awesome, maybe on the Pendulum Wars

Gear03
06-04-2006, 12:56 AM
It would be pretty sweet if they expanded the single player missions to the Pendulum Wars and E-Day.

'light bulb switches on' E-Day...not only should it have missions in the point of view of the COG, but also of the Locust Horde.

Oh, Gamer pics and themes please!

Locust Bait
06-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Maybe for a sequeal (which I beg to god happends!!!) which is actually a prequel (like the StarWwars movies) :D

UnrealWars
06-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Maybe for a sequeal (which I beg to god happends!!!) which is actually a prequel (like the StarWwars movies) :D

I dont remember the source, but i recall someone from epic saying that there is going to be a sequel, but dont hold me to it. Since this is suppost to be the franchise title for the 360, i think there will be GoW to come:D

Gear03
06-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I dont remember the source, but i recall someone from epic saying that there is going to be a sequel, but dont hold me to it. Since this is suppost to be the franchise title for the 360, i think there will be GoW to come:D

This is an excerpt from the June 2005 issue of Game Informer:

'Bleszinski wants the story to resonate with players and hopes to deliver something more layered and complex than the usual game plot. He has even enlisted the help of Eric Nylund, writer of the Halo novels, for help crafting the best story and dialogue possible. He also wants to create a planet that feels real, one that extends beyond the areas seen in the game. Bleszinski calls this the iceberg theory. "If you create a universe and give it a few hooks, people will assume it is infinitly larger," he explains. By mentioning places that won't even show up in the first game, it makes players excited to hypothesize about what they might see in future installments of the franchise. Obviously, Bleszinski isn't promising sequels to Gears just yet, but it is obvious that the game has the potential to continue as a franchise.'

That would be extremely awesome for a Gears franchise 'wink, wink' nudge', nudge'. Hope yah reading, Epic. :cool:

Cover is a friend
07-16-2006, 11:13 PM
it would be cool if a bonus level was you being a Locust tasked with attacking a military outpost on E-Day.

Uday23
07-16-2006, 11:15 PM
it would be cool if a bonus level was you being a Locust tasked with attacking a military outpost on E-Day.

yeah someone said that once, we fantisized about being a brumak and trampiling bulidings and COGs...

Cover is a friend
07-16-2006, 11:31 PM
i would be happy with just a Locust, Maybe you kill Dom's wife? The possibilities are endless.

Uday23
07-16-2006, 11:34 PM
i would be happy with just a Locust, Maybe you kill Dom's wife? The possibilities are endless.

it would kinda steal Halo's idea, it would still be cool, but the story is too focused on the COGs, marcus, dom and there fight, so it would kinda be outta place, although it would be freakin sick to be a locust! i guess only in MP:o

Cover is a friend
07-16-2006, 11:35 PM
it would kinda steal Halo's idea, it would still be cool, but the story is too focused on the COGs, marcus, dom and there fight, so it would kinda be outta place, although it would be freakin sick to be a locust! i guess only in MP:o

I meant only as a Xbox live Download.

Uday23
07-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I meant only as a Xbox live Download.

extra levels in GoW, i doubt it woudl be a download, it would be too weird to have a random level be introduced, o w/e anything could happen;)

i think if they do have content for GoW it will be extra maps, new armor and other customizable stuff

Cover is a friend
07-17-2006, 12:17 AM
extra levels in GoW, i doubt it woudl be a download, it would be too weird to have a random level be introduced, o w/e anything could happen;)

i think if they do have content for GoW it will be extra maps, new armor and other customizable stuff

How right you are. maybe a dancing monket with a shotty.

rEDChief55
07-17-2006, 03:29 AM
all i would want as extras would be MP maps and possibly new weapons