UDK July release - UTCrowdSpawner Kismet
I have tried everything and I can't find how you make a spawner actually spawn things. I have given the spawn points but when I try to set the crowd agent list, it just replaces what I type with "none". It does not matter what I type, nor does it give me an error. I have looked at the documentation, but it's all for UDK3, which uses archetypes, not agent lists. I have also been unable to find any videos on YouTube or the EG site. Any help would be appreciated!
Nothing has changed about how this works recently. You need to create an archetype of the GameCrowd_ListO***ents (that should say GameCrowd_ListOf Agents without the space) class in the Actor Classes browser and save that in a package. Then you modify that archetype and assign it to the property.
Could you be a bit more specific? How does one go about making an archetype, and how do I use it in Kismet? Sorry, but I'm kind of new to UDK, and so far I'm having lots of trouble! Thanks for your help!
Last edited by dlkulp; 07-30-2012 at 09:53 PM.
- The Actor Classes browser can be opened from the View menu.
- Then you locate the class in there (the search box is the easiest way).
- Right-click on it and choose to create an Archetype.
- Enter a package and name to save it to.
- Then go to the Content Browser and find the Archetype you created.
- Double-click it to view its properties.
- Add items to the array in its properties for each type of agent you want to spawn.
- For each item in the array you need to create an Archetype of the GameCrowdAgent class (I believe) using a similar process as described above and assign it to the agent archetype property.
Ok, well I did all that and it still doesn't work, all I have right now is a single robot spawning, even though the Kismet says that there should be 700 at any given time. To be sure I'm doing this right on the Kismet side:
1. create a UT Crowd Spawner box
2. create an object for the spawn point and connect it to the "Spawn Points" node
3. create an empty object list and connect it to the "Spawned List"
4. double click on the UT Crowd Spawner box to open properties
5. in properties set the "Agent Crowd List" to the list I created
6. create a level loaded event and connect the "Loaded and Visible" node to the "Start" node
did I miss something or do anything wrong?
Last edited by dlkulp; 07-31-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Does anyone know what to do here? I've played with it for days, and it's really bugging me! Any help would be appreciated!
I'm sure you've tried just copying the spawner from the example map and editing that one right?