Your new map works.
Played your map and I like it, never causing UT3 crashing. Natural HOLP-styled textures and details [also this one is imagined by the flag of Netherlands (your hometown) because of walls and floors in team bases, correct? ]; also in cool gameplay, atmosphere, water sounds, fire particles, trims, z-axis and routes. Bots can be tough and my team can easily to defend sometimes. And oh, nice wall on the flag of Netherlands at the top, lol.
PS: The preview shot, player load and author will make the map work instead of making UT3 crashing.
BTW, can you fix your DM-1on1-Interpid and CTF-Faceless (now or later)?
So I had the time to play the map, which I can say is fun to play & fast action too Layout is great & weapon placement seem right.
I can say I like the simplicity of the map. Therefore, those are suggestions that can improve flow & gameplay :
A little ramp here would add another route by making a double jump & a BV under it or a ramp that goes all down on at the floor would prevent players to be block under the thin ramp :
Since all the stairs are straight angle, I strongly recommend you add a BV (with the stone sound) just above the BSP stairs. It play better that way & will prevent bots to get stuck sometime, which I've saw in numerous maps with this kind of geometry :
As for the look :
Flickering water plane mesh :
Some trims would make it look prettier (on all doors ofc)
1. The stripes look odd with that pattern. It look better when all stripes are aligned (look at my Citius map, near the sniper).
2. The angle of specularity look very odd on those trims when the material isn't sharing the same specularity angle. I suggest you select those surfaces & then aligned them the same way so the specularity look in the same direction.
- The wall material near the stinger ramp need to be horizontal.
- Many seams can be see here & there, cranking the BSP lightmaps resolve that issue 99% of the time. Try with 16 & lower if it's not enough.
- I've say various spots where the wall material need to be aligned against the adjacent wall.
- I do not like the fire emitter because it look odd to me. Some kind of glass material with a nice electric pattern would be prettier imho.
- Check your water steam emitter, it pass trough the BSP walls.
- I notice the music play only once, it is normal ???
- A little advice, when releasing a map, use a archive for PC & another one for the PS3. No need to use bandwidth for unwanted content, PC or console user aren't the same. Not everyone as a high speed connection & unlimited download m8.
- I think the map need a bit more ammo & some vials in the long empty corridors on both side of the map.
- I never like pickups to be placed close to wall when there are wide open space around them. I understand why mappers place them like that but for me, I don't like it.
- What is the use of the jumpboots ???
So in all, it's a very cool, fun & fast action map. My feedback may sound a bit like a huge list but no worries it's not. The map is original, look smooth & play well. Keep it up bro
Last edited by stevelois; 07-31-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Nice work there Darkness
Here is some feedback. Keep it up
At first it looks like a Lego map but it’s not; nice skybox, cones on top, stripes, trim, patterns, fire, music and sounds. It’s a simple CTF map with many paths, some z-axis, good flow and good weapon placement. The bots could be better though; I thought they were fairly easy. Definitely fix Intrepid and Faceless soon.