I'm new at the forums, and I was looking to see if I could get some answers as I could not find them anywhere, so here it goes:
1. Is UDK and/or UE3 able to support an Open World game? Not an MMORPG, a single player game, like Skyrim for example.
2. If so, is there a "SIZE" limit to the world that UDK/UE3 can handle?
3. Physics and Blood&Gore. Can UDK/UE3 create very good "realistic" things such as, lets say in a medieval game, you slice someones arm off, or the head, or HAND, or even legs. I'm talking...is it able to create all these varieties rather than having only Head decapitation?
4. IF YES to #1, is it possible that this Engine, or any other that you may know, can create an Open World game with NO loading screens? Think of Skyrim again, except being able to enter cities, caves, ships and such without loading.
5. Also, if UDK doesn't support it and UE3 does, what exactly is needed to get UE3? Do I need a license or do I need to buy the whole thing from them at a..undisclosed..price? or..something.. confused on this part.
I believe this is all for now, I appreciate any and all advice.