Install onto other iPhones
I've gone through the doco at http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Distr...nAppleiOS.html and done where it says set the Packaging Mode to Default if not wanting to install in the iStore.
My question is I have created an IPA now how do I get that installed onto another iPhone that is not mine nor connected to my windows pc?
For example I want to upload it to my web site where my friends can download it and use but how would they Deploy it onto their phone as they don't have an Unreal Frontend Deploy piece of software to run which can deploy it?
Do they also need the Disto plist ?
In windows we get an exe, user double clicks and they are off and racing but I don't get this apple thing ....
As you can guess I know nothing about apple.
I haven't yet used it ( I have signed up ) so I'm not entirely certain how it works but perhaps TestFlight is what your after.
TestFlight would work, but you have to have all the devices on your mobile provision or it won't install on them. That's a requirement regardless of how you do it. Apple should have documentation on how to proceed on the developer site. I suggest you look there as its not really a UDK specific issue.
- go to the iOS Provisioning Portal
- register devices you want to test on (you'll need their UDIDs)
- create a new Distribution Provisioning Profile selecting Ad Hoc as the distribution method and add the new devices to it
- download the new prov. profile
- cook the game with the Frontend setting Packaging Mode to Distribution and use the new prov. profile you just made
- grab the newly generated Distro_*.ipa and send it to your pals
- they should be able to install by simply dragging the ipa into iTunes (provided you got UDIDs right)