I'm making a new game based around Slenderman.
It already has a level being designed, and I have written some of the basic logic for the game. I'm trying to make it extremely suspenseful, so I have set the lighting extremely low.
If you have knowledge of any other series, or videos, or threads, or books on Slenderman, please let me know.[/I]
The houses in this video are temporary. They are just there to test code (like Slenderman's logic), and will be replaced with more house-like houses later in the development process.
There is a lot of temporary objects in this video. The model, the houses, an the arena. The final game will look much different. It's only like this basically until the logic is complete.
[i]Again, most objects are temporary, adding onto this the HUD. The HUD Will be much nicer in the final version. Basically showcasing a new, better sprinting system.[i]
Showcasing some of the graphics of the game. This is a subway system, thanks to Pulse0o0 of these forums
Showcasing some more graphics of the game. A sample factory, with a hidden easter egg (I show pretty clearly). Again, thanks to Pulse0o0 for the models!
Characters to be in the game:
- Of course, Slenderman. - Entries 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 23, 26, 29, 40, 43, 44, 45, 46, 49, 51, 52, 54, 56.
- The masked man. - Entries 18, 19, 23, 33, 35, 50, 52
- Hoody - 41, 58
Pictures of the various characters (NOT 3D models):
What I have done to add to the suspense:
- Obviously, suspenseful music.
- The directional light is set at a brightness of 0.01 or 0.02. I'm switching between them trying to decide.
- When you walk into any buildings, the lights are at a dim level, flickering as if they are about to go out.
- Your flashlight works for 30 seconds, and then flickers out and is off for 10 seconds to recharge. I'm debating increasing the on time to 1 minute, but I'm not sure.
What is planned to add to the suspense:
- Slenderman is going to always stay a bit out of the range of the flashlight, barely visible, apart from when you get closer to finishing the main objective.
- Adding the Marble Hornets videos into the game.
What Slenderman's logic will be:
- He will have an aggression level randomized between 0 and 100.
- Aggression 0-30: He will practically ignore you, unless you get too close.
- Aggression 31-60: He will always stare at you, and likely stay at the outside of the flashlight's range.
- Aggression 61-100: He will charge at you, and you will need to hide from him.
- The aggression will increase no matter what depending on whether or not you are looking at him, and your distance from him.
- He will always wander the map, and if he sees you, and his aggression is high enough, he will chase after you. You will then have the chance to run back to the safe building (the building you spawn in) or find a place to hide.
- If you get near his "home" (most likely to be a sort of cave), he will instantly teleport into the end of the cave.
I will consistently update this thread with progress reports. Pictures of the level, pictures of slenderman, music being used in the game, etc...
Music being used in the game:
http://soundcloud.com/allysman21/suspenseful-ambiance (Exploration Music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSLz6Vhl6Rs (Intro, if I get the rights to use it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovrzIlwLNIE (Exploration music)
Pictures of the game itself:
The lighting of the game, and the flashlight you get. (Is it too dark? I think the darkness really adds suspense, but should I bump the lighting up just a little bit?)
One of the houses in the game
Misc Sounds of the Game:
http://soundcloud.com/allysman21/slendersound - WARNING: LOUD. This will most likely be used in some form when Slenderman is near you. (Taken from Marble Hornets Entry #5)
Videos I have watched/am watching to gain deeper knowledge on Slenderman:
- The Marble Hornets series - http://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleHornets
- "Slender Suits" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysgQ9...3&feature=plcp
- EverymanHYBRID series - http://everymanhybrid.wikia.com/wiki...manHYBRID_Wiki
On a side note, I am willing to accept any ideas on how to add suspense to the game!
Oh, and the game will be free I will also open source the code, and any kismet will have screenshots taken of it.
Information on Slenderman (Well, "The Operator", but I'm going to use Slenderman as the name.):
Originally Posted by MarbleHornetsWiki