Hello there all. I have decided to make a thread on some things/features within the game that many people, or just a few, have missed. If you have any suggestions, feel free to send a VM/PM.
Also, I should've given the bots their own damn category.
Campaign/Arcade (Inc. RAAM's Shadow)
1. On Adam Fenix's desk in Campaign, there is a photo of Cliff Bleszinski's dog Teddy.
2. In Campaign, trading an empty gun with a bot will prompt them to reload it, giving you a full clip if you trade it back again.
3. Palace Guards in Boomshot Turrets, and the second Reaver Rider, are called "Player" and will show up as a red "Player" in the killfeed if they manage to kill you.
4. If you earn a medal in Campaign, you must first complete the current Act in order to gain the xp from the medal.
5. If you earn a medal in Arcade, you need only complete the current Chapter in order to gain the xp from the medal.
6. The Cluckshot can be found on the first level of Campaign/Arcade, but is obtained under special circumstances. (Act 1, Chapter 1)
7. While playing as Cole in campaign (Act 2, Chapter 1), there are hats he can wear, either forwards or backwards. Only Cole can wear them, and you get to keep it until you reach the zipline sequence.
8. After pressing the "Cole Train Runs On Whole Grain" cardboard prop in Campaign 10 times, you will get Cole's "enlightened" speech from Gears 2.
9. During RAAM's Shadow (as RAAM), a mantle kick kills an enemy behind cover instantly.
10. You can fall into emergence holes in RAAM's Shadow.
11. In the Gears 3 Strategy Guide, Lambent Drones are referred to as Dark Drones.
12. One of the devs, Chris Perna, is referenced in a littered newspaper.
13. You can get the "Unarmed and Dangerous" achievement if you use the melee option with the regular Silverback (stomping).
14. In RAAM's Shadow, during certain sequences in between battles, Nemacyst can be seen flying above the city, and can be shot and killed. In Arcade, this will get you extra points.
15. RAAM is the only Locust Elite squad member who can't utilize the Comet mutator.
16. With Comet, Mauler Elites have no "cooldown time" in between roadie runs like regular characters (this include Theron Elite).
17. In RAAM's Shadow, during the cutscene/battle with the Berserker in the gym, the Berserker is impervious to all damage. Even Insta-gib Melee, Comet (or if playing Standard Campaign, bringing a Scorcher/Incendiaries), and Super Reload have no effect.
18. With Friendly Fire, RAAM and Theron Elite get attacked and killed by the Elite's Kryll Grenades.
19. In RAAM's Shadow, with Friendly Fire (especially evident with Big Explosions on), players can actually kill one another with the Hammer of Dawn Mobile Command Center if they wander too close.
20. In Campaign, you can keep your weapons from the previous Chapter/Act. In Arcade, you will lose them.
21. When you meet your first Former, she is a normal Hooded Stranded until she turns around.
22. In RAAM's Shadow with Big Head on, when he cuts a COG Gear's head off, it returns to normal size.
23. The Tremor in RAAM's Shadow has infinite health (this is evident with Friendly Fire on).
RAAM doesn't have a minimum distance before his blade charge becomes lethal.
1. You can knock off the helmets of certain characters (A+B Carmine and the COG Gears) in Versus with the Digger/Hammerburst execution (gore off).
2. In 20 minute matches of KOTH/CTL where no score is made by either side (or is tied), Locust win by default.
3. In events where the player wears a hat, RAAM usually doesn't have one, but Big Rig Dizzy wears the Event Hat on top of his trucker cap.
4. The Aftermath easter egg shortcut bug can be activated in Versus, but the Hammers can only be dropped in Private.
5. The Zeta gametype does not include weapon skins because technically, you are not using the same Lancer/HB/Gnasher/Retro/SOS, only cosmetically. (Without active damage and such, they are essentially a different weapon.)
6. Bots don't roadie-run the same way a human player does. They can divert themselves to a new direction (a 90 degree turn for example), or do a sort of slide. This is why they can make sharp turns with ease.
7. Bots can turn normally during a Retro charge (like how a human player turns).
8. In CTL, whoever is holding the enemy leader can revive nearby teammates without dropping the leader.
9. Guardian has permanent 2x xp.
10 You cannot get the "Last Man Out" or "Clutch" ribbons in Guardian. This is because it is a modified version of CTL, a gametype in which it is impossible to get these ribbons.
11. In Quick Match, you may unintentionally start out as Marcus/Drone. This is because there is not your preferred char. is not loaded into the match. You can be your preferred char. if he/she is being used by a bot or human.
12. If you trade the same weapon with a bot (e.g. trade Lancer for Lancer) you'll get the bot's ammo and he'll get an empty gun.
13. Bots aren't forced to release the Torque Bow when roadie running, rolling, mantling etc.
14. A Casual bot's weapon will often droop down, and they will pull them back up.
15. A Theron Guard/Savage Theron's helmet can be shot off, but not the Theron Elite. (The Elite's helmet can COME off, but it cannot be shot off, under any circumstances)
16. Bots can cut an execution short.
17. Bots can cancel a Chainsaw duel.
18. In the pre-game lobby, the Lancer's chainsaw only goes halfway up the barrel for the FoN weapon skins.
19. Casual bots will jam their guns when you hit full red. This is to give you a chance to fight back.
20. The only CTL medal unobtainable in Guardian is named Guardian.
21. In Guardian, bots will always meatshield the Leader, and will never execute as normal. Again, this is because it is a modified version of CTL.
22. As the Leader in CTL, you can detonate grenades while you're DBNO without killing yourself. Useful for keeping yourself from being captured.
23. The Cole Train Rap activates on Thrashball after 100 kills.
24. You can get a trick shot if you headshot a meatshield, even on CTL.
25. You can get a trick shot if you headshot an enemy and it kills one of your own team and vice versa. (Friendly Fire must be on)
26. On Trenches you can fire the Digger Launcher through the ceiling to where Mulcher/Oneshot spawns.
27. You can get the 'Trickshot' ribbon even if your targets still have spawn protection. (No kill, just the medal)
28. Thrashball scoreboard displays kill totals, not only in TDM but at least KOTH as well.
29. Bloodrive occasionally spawns both teams in the same place.
30. When it goes to the leaderboard after every round (or end of match) all planted 'nades turn hostile.
31. You can't get a trick shot ribbon if you kill the second guy from the explosion of the torque (not sticking them).
32. The leader Icon re-appears for a brief moment when bag-and-tagging the leader.
33. When meatshielding the leader, they don't take the hits for you, instead you take slightly less damage than normal.
34. In Guardian (as the leader), if you meatshield the opposite leader you will get the half-blue half-red star over your head.
35. When Executing, you don't get the first blood/F.I.F.O ribbon until the execution is finished, during the time frame of the execution, the first Blood/F.I.F.O ribbons can be "Stolen" by other players.
36. Normally in Stay Frosty you can't down enemies, but you can by meleeing them down (with either your snub or hammerburst).
37. Bots will on occasion pull the fire alarm on Checkout, or even play the piano on Depths.
1. You can repair things while running/Retro charging in Horde.
2. In Horde on Bulletmarsh, you cannot be hurt/killed in the Kryll cloud if you are in a Silverback.
3. You can keep your Silverback protected if you place it behind a shield (Locust will not shoot, but will go close-quarters).
4. After calling in Sniper attacks, you can see the Onyx Guards in places above certain maps.
5. Command Center attacks on Old Town/Cove will target chickens as a priority.
6. Savage Grenadiers are not in Horde.
7. In Horde, if you kill a Boomer/Theron/Digger/Gunker etc. before their projectile hits you, you will be unharmed.
8. If you active before using a Command Center, it will do more damage.
9. Bag n' tag kills count as executions toward the challenge in Horde.
10. On Depths, when you use the Command Center, it summons Jack with a miniature Lightmass Bomb/Sonic Resonator.
11. When you roll away from a fortification in Horde, the prompt stays up to repair or upgrade.
12. The Onyx Guard Decoy does not have a rifle, only a Gnasher.
13. On rare occasions, you will get a friendly Polyp in Horde.
14. The Sniper Attack Command Center does not work sometimes; seems random.
15. On certain maps, the Sniper/Mortar/HoD Command Centers are swapped out for something else (e.g. Jack, Lasers etc.).
15. In the "RAAM's Gift" easter egg for Bullet Marsh, you can have infinite ammo for the Vulcan if you start it up right. (Keep hitting RT, it is fairly difficult to do. You must continue to fire it in bursts.)
16. Drone/Grenadier variants can jump over certain things in Horde (like the fence in front of the top spawn on Old Town, leading to the middle).
17. Wild Tickers, spawned from reward crates, will often drop small ammo packs.
18 You can save multiple Mulchers/Mortars etc. by holding X at the very end of a round, and having the circle almost filled when the round ends.
19. Wild Tickers from crates are considered enemies by the game, but they don't attack you or your fortifications.
20. Drudges targeting a Decoy from melee range will just stand there looking at it, because they have no way to melee. They can vomit, however they don't use that on the decoys.
21. At launch, if you jumped out of a Silverback and landed on Caltrops, your character would move in slow-mo until you died.
22. Tickers are the only Locust that are relentless for players that are DBNO in Horde. Every other Locust will ignore you for a while when downed, however Tickers will still explode and Wild Tickers will just nom your head off.
23. Placing a shield in front of a Decoy can make it last significantly longer. Most incoming fire will impact the shield rather than the Decoy itself. If enemies get too close, they'll still kick the shield down, leaving it vulnerable again.
24. The Silverback rockets from the HCP used to shoot rockets from the camera, causing many rockets to explode behind the Silverback instead of your intended target.
25. Using Tac/Com when a sentry is active will allow you to see any enemies the turret can, even through walls.
26. In Horde, when Tai builds spikes he may say "spikes are down" and when they're destroyed he says "spikes repaired".
27. In Horde, the Polyps created from a mutated Drudge give much less points than a normal Polyp.
28. You can mantle-kick a Kantus in Horde.
29. The "Stock-Piled" achievement only counts retail fortification levels, not Horde Command Pack levels.
30. When Onyx Guard decoys roadie run, they don't engulf in a ball of flames when Comet is on.
31. The Savage Theron in Horde can't be stunned by melee attacks or getting shot multiple times.
32. On Checkout, if you call in a Mortar Strike you get Onyx Guard with Boomshots. If you look up and out of the sky light in the center you can see them on the edge firing in.
33. It's possible to "trade" kills in Horde.
34. Activating the "RAAM's Gift" easter egg while someone is in an upgraded Silverback will revert it to an un-upgraded version. You'll lose your rockets, and you can't re-upgrade it.
Characters & Enemies
1. Kim, Baird, A. Carmine, and Classic COG Gear are all the same model, but with a different head.
2. Baird never has unique armor (Mech Baird is unarmored), his Classic variant is Kim with a different head, and his Gears 3 variant shares his model with the COG Gear (Gears 3).
3. Classic characters don't move their mouths.
4. The Beast Rider appears different in certain situations. In Gears 2 Versus mode the Beast Rider was a Grenadier with a helmet, In Gears 2/3 Horde/Campaign the Beast Rider is a Grenadier Elite with a helmet, In Gears 3 Versus the Beast Rider is a Drone with a helmet, and in Beast Mode the Beast Rider is a Savage Grenadier with a helmet.
5. The Savage Hunter uses the same base as the Savage Drone.
6. You can down Lambent Drones with a Smoke Grenade, and proceed to do any sort of execution on them (yet to be confirmed for Campaign).
7. Augustus Cole, Clayton Carmine and Recruit Clayton and the females have smaller weapons when they have them on their backs.
8. You cannot insta-gib melee a Lambent Berserker.
9. Savage Drone has a model glitch where he holds weapons up higher than other characters and his finger is not on the trigger.
10. Savage Drone has 3 helmet variants, randomly cycled between respawns. In Beast, he only spawns with one.
11. The guns of bare-backed Locust (Grenadier/Hunter Elite/Savage Grenadier etc.) float in mid-air.
12. In Campaign/Horde, if you down a Locust with a Wild Ticker nearby, the Wild Ticker will execute the downed Locust.
13. If you are killed by a Reaver Rocket, it will tell you that you were killed by a Boomshot.
14. You can get "The Super" ribbon on Drudges.
15. Savage Hunter and Savage Marauder are both Drone-class Locusts. Look at their skin color/texture, it is the same as a Drone. non-Savage Hunters are Grenadier-class.
16. Hoffman and Adam Fenix use a different set of movement animations than other characters.
17. If you are too close to a Drudge when it mutates it's arms, it will pick you up and literally rip you in half.
18. When Wild Tickers Eat a Smoke Grenade, they have the light on top of them signaling they are friendly even though they are not.
19. When a character dies, the lights on their armour go out. (Excludes Classic Baird and Mechanic Baird)
20. Characters that can have their helmets/hats knocked off in some way: All Drone variants (excluding Drone), All Theron variants, both COG Gears, all Carmines, Dizzy, Hoffman, and Superstar Cole.
21. Brumaks are very dangerous without their machine guns, as they will constantly fire their homing rockets.
22. In the beta, Anya swore a lot more.
23. The Savage Corpser can be chainsawed when stunned.
24. The Drudge gets an extreme damage resistance while mutating.
25. Drudges can curb stomp you.
26. Drudges can do the suicide run without exploding.
27. Drudges were originally Drones.
28. Cyclops has a bio.
29. Skorge has a bio.
30. If a teammate chainsaws a Drudge, and you chainsaw the Drudge as he is being kicked away, the Drudge will not mutate and will be glitched out, not shooting or reacting to anything anymore.
31. Savage Grenadier has Grenadier dialogue in Multiplayer. In Beast, he has Savage Dialogue.
32. The Carmines have an "unrendered" Kim face underneath their helmets. COG Gears seem to have a face reminiscent of Dom.
33. In the selection screen, the 'Theron GUARD', is actually a Sentinel. Bots are called 'Theron Sentinel' oddly enough.
34. On the character selection screen, every COG character has a blue light source on the left. The Locust have an orange light.
35. Unarmored Marcus has his Bandana/Doo Rag in Campaign but in Versus it is removed.
36. Armored Kantus can get headshotted.
37. Kantus and Armored Kantus can take cover on occasion.
38. Drudges can be Mantle kicked.
39. Drudges can do the Hammerburst Execution.
40. The Corpser's underground attack (the one where it sticks one of its claws out and hits you) can pop heads.
41. You can get downed more than 3 times by the Lambent or Normal Berzerker.
42. In the Beta, the Savage Theron had a different helmet.
43. When Spotting a Flamer, most Characters scream out "Drone!" instead of "Grenadier!", the Flame Boomer doesn't have this problem.
44. RAAM is extremely silent when Retro-charging. (Imagine a hissing airbed.)
45. Hoffman is unique in that he is the only character to have dialogue for other people's actions.
46. Mauler Elite can go DBNO while normal Maulers can't.
47. Classic Characters open their mouths when Chainsawing/Getting Chainsawed, but keep it shut during other activities.
48. Normally as a Berserker, you have to wait a moment after you groundslam to do another. When you're on fire, however, you can slam almost instantly after the previous one.
49. When Jace spots a Theron he yells "Gas Barges!", even in Horde.