2. Even if when I'm totally wrong in p.1, all this maybe of some measurable importance until NG15-20. Even now, I have ~1400 in attack skill, so even +150 attack gem will not make a big difference. Just nice compliment
3. We have to understand "difficulty balance" dynamically. It's ok if something makes as stronger for some period of time, see it as a good rest before the battle. The main thing is the gameplay convergence - when the game become harder and harder with progress, and you can do nothing with it, just to raise you real skills
can you use unspent money to level items right before you kill GK to take into the next NG+?
Yes you can, but you cannot buy items directly, you can only get them from prize wheels.
Hmmm, not as I thought. Back to the drawing board.
Last edited by gr00veh0lmes; 05-14-2012 at 06:01 PM.
This was my old theory of it
Last edited by RedWhite&Blade; 05-14-2012 at 11:54 PM.
My tricks are:
1. Never use mastered items. I use a small wheel for it, it always gives some cheap crap helms, armors, shields, rings and swords. I rarely use thark, spear it for future Only when everything mastered and no wheel nor chest gives me any armor. Or for MX-G.
2. I'm waiting desperately for XP+ hex drop. Last NG I thought it forgot the way to me... But I got it at the last RB, XP+50! Usually i get it 1-2 RBs earlier, but not more than +25
3. I try to go long routes, esp the last RB: to stone demon, balcony through the behemid, MX-G room, Thane
4. When I gain lots of money (like NG15: money from the big chest and 2 gem forges for 500,000 gold each), after I kill the GK, I go to the cheap wheel first. When it stops giving any meaningful results, i try some big wheel. It's not so useful when it gives items, cause your millions will disappear very fast. It's great when it gives you gems which you can forge - this is the real help, cause it's almost impossible to forge a 500,000 gem through the game drops, they are very cheap, unless not from medium chests at least. Then I master all this with the rest of the money beginning from the cheapest items. Start new NG, and then add all to attack yet...
There are already some titans which are 2-hits-dead for me. This is because of their heavy magic load. Since we don't equip the def gems, there are two ways left: go to wheel hoping for shield with built-in defense, or for lazy like me - just kill it as is
But, I already come to a situation, when many crap items are already mastered, so it seems that this well is drying out with time... But sometimes i get rare items on NG1x, mastered only 1-2 times - this is the real luck.
To the drawing board.
I suggest to take all potions out from a gameplay. Thus, healing is ONLY through RB and leveling, period
What do you think?
I think that it would be ok use a potion before and after the gk fight, you'd have 5 by then, and you'll go into the next NG with full health.
1. Well, normally you master smth after beating a GK, thus any lvl upgrade restores your health. If not, but you really need it you may add 1 pts to health and it also restores to full (i didn't do it for long, but hope it didn't changed). Other option - restart GK fight, but decision must be made before the "final blow" (с)
But no problem if you want to leave this
2. What about possibility to equip square and round gems?
My arguments are in the Post#42
1. Good point.
Adding 1 to health doesn't restore it to full. Only when hitting a new level.
2. If you allow the luxury of the use of a health potion BEFORE the GK fight, I'll relax my opposition to gem use.
Yes, I am definitely following the NG code. I am waiting to start after this RB^4 because i was using the RB mastering glitch. If it is more appropriate for me to use a new character than I can do that instead. I stopped using new items to get extra points though because I don't really know about having such an advantage early on...
I'm not worried too much about level 2000. I'm more into the challenge aspect of the NG+code. I'll get more from the game this way and lvl2000 will come in time
Yes I agree. NO use of health potions, EXCEPT before the GK fight.
ROUND and SQUARE gems can only be used if rewarded in game or are a result of a gem forge. No gem purchases allowed.
On a happy note, in ng^12 (I've been busy IRL), 1st small key drop led to a light gold pk gem worth 100,000 gold. I then spun the big prize wheel and got armour (+5 dodges)! I can give the thark a rest for a NG.
IMO you should call it "Hardcore Mode". Also you're crazy. Good luck, have fun
You are trucking on ain't cha!
I've been so so busy with work this past fortnight I've barely gone up 1 NG. The gk challenge has been consuming my playing time too.
At least you are showing that progress is possible using the NG code. Keep it up, I'll be back in the saddle soon.
11 levels per NG is likely a norm. And about 100 pts. If you put all in attack, the length of the fights remain almost the same. But soon we'll meet a furcation and will have to choose a strategy: "balanced stats" or "all in attack"...
For now it's all in attack.
Maybe when I'm one shot dead I'll put 50 points into health, but for now 10,000 HP seems to be ok.
NG18, +155 pts, 328 lvl (+15)
The new update almost didn't touch the Code... All the new features and areas are useless:
1. You can't fight that black Titan for vile shield, cause you don't have IB, but even if you had - you'd get the vile shield which you can't sell (it needs a ton of mastering). For mastering you can spend much less money using the small wheel
2. Due to the same reasons it's a limited use to fight with these two titans for the vile blade. Just to test your skills and get more XP
3. You can't fight that bird in the tree, cause tree hasn't grown up yet
What about buying maps? Some of them are useless surprise (like wet loot)
What do you think about how to turn the new stuff on in the Code?
NG17, attk 1,778 (+135) pts, 303 lvl (+11)
A: 2,350 (+146, 3 pts/lvl)
H: 55,222 (+3,444, 69 pts/lvl)
NG18, attk 1,913 (+155) pts, 318 lvl (+15)
A: 2,496 (+146)
H: 58,667 (+3,445)
NG19, attk 2,068 (+90) pts, 329 lvl (+11)
A: 2,643 (+147)
H: 62,111 (+3,444)
NG20, attk 2,158
A: 2,789 (+146)
H: 65,556 (+3,445)
- attk xxxx: total attack stats at the beginning of the specified NG
- (+xxx): total pts earned in this NG
- xxx lvl: level at the end of this NG
- (+xx): lvls passed in this NG
- A, H: attack and health of this lvl Shade
- Hits: means how many hits you need to kill Shade (H/attk). As we see it's almost const if we put all stats in attack.
So, I can conclude, that we have convergence here, i.e. the further you go, the harder to play
This means NG became skill-capped.
Silver, I gotta admit that I'm starting to suffer with IB burnout.
Playing through the OG again to get all the new stuff and level to the new limit (97?) has pushed me over the edge.
I'm finally bored of the game.
NG the way we play it has all the appeal of OG now, yes I know we level, but it doesn't seem to get that much harder.
I'm tempted by the Lv 2000 club, but that would destroy NG playability, in that you'd level up past the titans again. Boring.
The GK club sounds good too but I haven't tried for that in weeks and again it does seem a little dull trying again, and again, and again.......ad infinitum.
Maybe I should have taken Darthducks advice and become more proficient in heavy and light, at least I'd have more weapon choices.
What would you suggest to a man in my position, give up or crack on?
You have to feel what exactly entertains you. You may try some new skill building path (heave, light). But this is our old argue with Darth. He claimed that this would help to feel the the depth in the game, I always said that this will destroy your skill base to some level... Both points are valid, but reflect the different approaches. First is a "Harmony Way", second - "Hardcore Jedi Way".
Other - is just to take some pause, watch good movies, which would "add the content" (I like Bravehurt, LoR, ...)
Btw, NG Code becoming hard, I guess after ng50, there'll begin a hardcore time...
Is it possible that I could level normally for a bit then join the code soon? I started NG+ at level 59 so I'm Kinda not ready
|GK lvl: 5650|NG 57|Ryth lvl: 28000||Level 2000+|Health 50|Attack 13700+|Shield 1|Magic 1|-IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-
-OG Code Follower-NG Code Follower-
I meant the part where you mention that you can't sell it. If I mastered it in OG, wouldn't I be able to sell it for $ ?