Basil Fawlty Voice Pack for Unreal Tournament 2004
Version/Release Date: 2.0 – April 29, 2012 (GMT+8, 11:32 PM)
This is a voice pack of Basil Fawlty, a main character from the 1975 BBC sitcom classic Fawlty Towers. English comedian John Cleese played this character as a snobbish and miserly misanthrope who worked as a pedantic hotel owner. He sees a successful hotel as a means of achieving this ("turn it into an establishment of class...") yet his job forces him to be pleasant to people he despises. This guy has been coming back to the Tournaments since 12 years for his quickly surprise.
deadboy made the original Basil Fawlty VP for UT2003 until I made something a little .INT file for this UT2004 version to make the VP appeared in drop-down menu and I'm using UnrealEd 3.0 to adding some text and abbreviations. Basically, the voice packs for UT2003 doesn't have any .INT files instead of making the .U package and the "push content" .UPL file to make the voice pack available. This is a voice pack with sounds for most events, all Order and Other sounds are in Basil's voice to make a complete and robust VP. The sounds are 8-bit, 11 kHz mono .WAV files (I'm really sure that the sampling rate will make understand but less audible and quality loss).
The original UT2003 README file for this voice pack is included here, but the installation process has CHANGED. I've left the readme intact for reference purposes, but please DON'T follow the installation instructions contained within, or your voice pack won't work.
"My wife handles all such matters, she'll be delighted to discuss it with you."
"Basil Fawlty, Limited, other people's messes cleared up by appointment to my wife, Sybil."
"Well, he's certainly covered in charms. I've never seen so many medals 'round one neck in my life. He must be the bravest orangutan in Britain."
7 Friendly Fires
No comments on this VP. So enjoy this VP if you want to. But to be sure that it is available for "male" characters only, the original made was placed under the Male Mercenary Voice section in the Actor Classes menu (the MercMaleVoice subclass).
- My updated release for UT2004. Some issues were fixed and modified in the UT2003 version.
- Voice pack texts and abbreviations are included while you're playing.
- Rearranged some sounds to make it more understandable.
- Boosted the TransientSoundVolume value to 2.0 (as the 2003 version of the pack was a little too quiet. Many thought that this was a bug in Unreal Editor, as no matter how the .WAV samples were modified, UT still defaulted them to play at a specific volume).
- deadboy's original release for UT2003. (Titled "Basil Fawlty UT2K3 Voicepack")
* deadboy for making the original Basil Fawlty voice pack for UT2003 I converted.
* The true English comedian John Cleese for portraying the character.
* He and his then wife Connie Booth for creating the funniest TV show of the 70s.
Basil Fawlty Voice Pack v2.0