It's semi-coincedence and celebratory that my 500th post falls on the day the final DLC is released (minus the rally cry this forum will unleash for one more dance with dlc romance on the game's anniversary date, here's hoping). I never thought I'd reach 500 lifetime on this forum two months ago, but when you love Gears like a love song baby...you've got to get it out of your system somehow during the day while you can't play. So I post.
Would love to hear what Gearheads think of the 5 new arenas. I know a few lucky members of the community got the drop on us, and have talked maps already but now that the majority are waking up (maybe like me at dawn and fitting in a few private trial runs before work) what does everyone think?
I'll keep it simple since I've heard most of the breakdowns for them. *I find quite often these rankings change (drastically) after a couple weeks play, as in Anvil started as my fourth favorite from the Fenix Rising DLC and has ascended to my first. Rustlung also ascended where as Academy and Bullet Marsh descended. Still how can one complain, we now have 25 maps to keep the rotation fresh for all modes.
1) Artillery - I can't put my finger on it, map love at first sight. I want to have Artillery babies.
2) Cove - Had bets on digging Cove and there's something about it I really do. Great atmosphere and environmental effects. Love the stranded mini-bar.
3) Raven Down - It's everything I heard it would be, (compliment?). Seems like a testing coliseum, okay fine...I'm a rifle master so I don't expect to keep my scalp when trading shells with Gears who sleep with a gnasher replica under their pillow.
4) Aftermath - Large (not Sandbar large, who said that?!), something for the rifle lovers. Score.
5) Jacinto - Liked them all, but my only previous Gears experience was #2 offline and played this map to tears so it sits here by default of being boring (just like the Mechanic LE, is there really something different...I've been using him for 7 months and forgot I'd even tagged in a new skin, actually thought to myself "maybe it's the lighting?" okay I'll pipe up)