I had a sudden itch to release a Deathmatch version of my Aetherdale map. Enjoy!
There have been some minor updates to the original map (found here: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...CTF-Aetherdale)
Changes include -
- Some trees were not rendering correctly and others did not allow bullets to penetrate their leaves. Troublesome trees have been fixed or replaced.
- Indoor pickup factories now emit light onto surrounding geometry.
- Preview screenshot quality is no longer tied to texture detail settings.
- Added Rocket Launcher pickup factory to caves.
- Tech elevator behind the windmill has been removed.
- Berserk pickup near the windmill has been moved to the position previously held by the blue flag.
- Shield Belt near the windmill has been moved to replace the jumpboots.
- Jumpboots near the windmill have been moved to the position previously occupied by the Berserk pickup.
- Berkserk pickup on the hill near the large house has been moved to occupy the position previously held by the red flag.
- Jumpboots near the large house have been moved to the hill position previously occupied by the Berserk pickup.
- Helmet near the archway has been moved to the position of the health pickup near the Redeemer. The health pickup has been removed.
- Grass and flowers will no longer render if detail is set to low.
EDIT - For anyone unfamiliar with installing custom maps: The readme file states that this map will show up in your Capture the Flag list. This is not true; it will show up in your Deathmatch list just like any other Deathmatch map. This is just something I missed when updating the readme file.