Hi all. I'd like to share a free Maya script I've had in development for a while that aids in setting up and maintaining the Maya grid for the creation of UDK assets along with other tools with the level designer in mind.
Some features (v1.1):
* Ability to instantly switch between a UDK friendly grid and camera setup and the Maya default setup
* Work with custom grid subdivisions on the fly
* Modular design friendly mesh positioning options
* Transform tools, including true mesh stacking
* Create useful references, including custom references
* An Unreal Unit/Standard Unit real-time calculator
* FBX batch exporter
* FEATURE: new option in the Settings dropdown to keep your custom grid color scheme should you have one.
* Update: UI now works with Maya 2013.
Latest version (v.1.20) can be downloaded jbUDK Tools Download
Help file can be viewed here
Suggestions for features/improvement welcome.