NEW INFORMATION ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS AND NEW FLYTHROUGH VIDEOS!
Release Date: January 17, 2012
Price: Included in the Season Pass or 800 MSP on the Xbox Live Marketplace ($10)
TU3 NOTES: Official Post
Gears of War 3 Title Update Coming January 11
By | January 09 , 2012 11:13 PM • 209 Views
A new Title Update for Gears of War 3 will be available January 11, 2012 and will be downloaded automatically by starting Gears 3 while connected to Xbox LIVE. The update will include a variety of balance tweaks, bug fixes and more. Here’s a sneak peek at some of what you can expect to see:
1. All unlockable and non-purchasable characters are unlocked for System Link play. Online play still limits players to characters that they have unlocked or have purchased through DLC.
2. “Classic” stalemates are now enabled on the Execution and Warzone playlist. An option exists in private Execution to disable classic stalemates and re-enable the man-up rule.
3. The ghost camera can be raised and lowered using the Xbox controller d-pad.
4. “Must Active Reload” mutator has been made more restrictive. Issues with the Torque Bow and OneShot have been fixed.
5. “Retribution” ribbon is now compatible with dedicated servers.
6. Holding the “Y” button before being in range of a DBNO player and then walking into activation range will start the execution sequence. This is similar to holding “X” to queue up a weapon pickup sequence when walking into range of a dropped weapon.
1. Removed Hammerburst and Longshot exploits with using the iron-sights/scope on Mercy where a player could shoot from a concealed position near the Sanctuary bells. Damage will not register when players are using the scope or iron-sights from that concealed position.
2. Fixed the OneShot exploit on Drydock. Players will be pulled out of the OneShot mounted pose when in certain positions.
1. A second player signing in on the loading screen before entering the pre-game lobby will no longer cause profile issues.
2. The transition from spectator player view to ghost camera view will no longer force the ghost camera view to point upwards.
3. The map cycle in QuickMatch is now randomly ordered.
4. DLC that is not owned by the current player will no longer stop the player from using DLC they do own.
5. Horde will no longer use the Versus weapon swaps. Horde players will have Hammer of Dawn and Mortar spawns on Overpass again.
6. Fixed the lens flare on a scoped Longshot not appearing for a player facing left.
7. Xbox system notifications have been moved out of the way of kill messages in competitive multiplayer. They now show up in the top center of the screen.LINK DUMP
Release from IGN:
Release from the EPIC Community Site:
Link to the Gallery : http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...page=mediaFullFAQ
You cannont "Re-up" unless you have the Fenix Rising DLC. The Re-Up system will remain available only through the DLC as pointed out by Pete.
Also any XP Earned after reaching level 100 doesn't carry over.
No plans for a booster Map Pack. If you want to play the Fenix Rising Maps you need to get the DLC
Your Onyx medals do not get reset just your Rank and XP
Escalation - Haldane Hall has been the home of the Fenix family for countless generations. But the only history that matters to Marcus’s are his memories of warm summer evenings spent with his mother, Elain, relaxing in the estate’s gardens. Sadly, all the estate’s history and beauty was lost when the Locust destroyed it in an attempt to kidnap his father.
Academy - The lineage of the Fenix family can be traced back along a distinguished line of military officers. Officer training at the Oracle Academy was simply the expected path for Marcus, and he had visited the grounds many times in expectation that he would walk the same path as his ancestors. But it was not to be, and Marcus broke with tradition to be with his best friends Dom and Carlos. Like any number of fine Seran traditions, the Academy is now lost to the invasion of the Locust Horde.
Slab- Convicted for insubordination and treason, Marcus was incarcerated in Jacinto Maximum Security Prison. Known as “The Slab”, this prison is not a correctional facility – it’s a place where Sera’s worst offenders are locked up and forgotten. The inmates are brutal, parole is not an option, and the average life expectancy is about two years. But that was before the Locust showed up, and what couldn’t get worse, suddenly did. Now your life expectancy there is around 2 minutes.
Anvil - The fortress of Anvegad was called Anvil Gate because its impenetrable walls were forged in the fires of war. Huge cannons sat atop battlements that guarded sprawling walls running the line of the UIR borders. Marcus went there to find Hoffman, and they both thought that Anvil Gate would offer protection from the incoming forces of Locust and Lambent. They were wrong, and little remains other than the ruined shell of a once mighty fortress.
Depths - The excessive opulence of Azura defied all normal reasoning. But Adam Fenix could see the cracks in the veneer of splendor from the moment he arrived at this underwater processing center. And all that beauty mattered not at all once he was held captive by the Locust. Out of options, he had to find a way to contact Marcus, and finally reveal the truths he’d been keeping to himself for all these many years.
Recruit Clayton - Clayton was born a Gear, grew up a Gear, and on the very day he became eligible, he signed himself up to become the capable, confident, and devoted Gear he’d always known he could be.
Thrashball Cole - Special Limited Edition - The Cole Train prefers to take the most direct path to the Locust Horde in any situation. What he lacks in finesse, he makes up in raw energy.
Savage Kantus- Special Limted Edition - The Savage Kantus were profoundly impacted by the loss of the Hollow. They have reverted to a primal, shamanistic state, and their battle cries have taken a dark, melancholy turn. Few sounds are as terrifying to human ears.
Savage Marauder Drone - Locust Marauders were the first to form any sort of organization outside of the Hollow – if their brutal infighting and bloodthirsty raiding parties could truly be called organized.New Systems
Re-Upping - Essentially a "prestige" System. Players can "re-enlist" and begin their rank from 1 again after reaching level 100. All unlocks and Custom Items remain as well as medals unlocked. Additionally Re-Upping grants you access to new Weapon Skins! - You can Re-Up through the Four Tiers of Colors. Bronze>Red>Green>Gold.
Every Re-Up earns players a new weapon skin obtainable only after Re-upping.
-Re-Up Plasma - Animated Plasma in GOLD!
-Re-Up Omen - Shiny Red Omen!
-Re-Up Electric - Animated Golden Electric Shocks!
- The Rank Number will change color depending on the Rank you are currently on. Colors: Red, Green and Blue
- Your Rank and XP is reset back to the beginning. Unlocked items and custom items are not reset
- Medals are not reset
250 points in Achievements.
Now They Begin to Understand – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20 points)
Defending the Past – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25 points)
Come to Poppa – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15 points)
Locust, Forever – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15 points)
Time to Re-up – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
Again! – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
I’ve Done it All! – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75 points)