Hey guys, here is everything we know about the game at the moment!
-You need to scavenge for supplies and survive in the open world.
-Zombie like creatures come out at night and it seems you need to fend them off and defend your home!
-There is also a ghostly purple creature.
-You blow up buildings to scavenge supplies and build a fortress.
-You hole up inside your fortress at night to defend against the oncoming creatures.
-No platform announced as of yet!
-The stylized action game is actually hard to pin down to a single genre. It has various gameplay elements that vary by time of day. During daylight, the multiplayer experience will focus on building up a fortress through teamwork and sharing resources. This fortress becomes crucial when the sun goes down and the undead rise. It’s during this phase of the third-person perspective game that shooting zombies takes over - http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...ense-strategy/
- Combines survival horror with "tower defense" like strategic gameplay
- Build a fortress during the day, defend and shoot zombies during the night
- Multiplayer (only?) experience
- Developed with Unreal Engine technology (not explicitly citing UE3 oddly)
- Similar to Minecraft more than the other games being mentioned (according to Lee Perry)
- No publisher yet (trailer was apparently used to catch the eye of publishers rather than gamers), which explains...
- Unclear on which platforms it'll release
- Unclear on what pricing model it'll use
-According to Digital Spy 'Describing it as a building and survival title similar to Minecraft'
-Fortnite will feature different mechanics depending on the in-game time of day. Players gather materials and build structures during the day to ward off the enemies that attack during the night. Resources can be shared with other members of the community.
-The game switches to a third-person perspective at night when zombies attack, and takes on shooter mechanics.
Originally Posted by Tweets by Lee Perry