I was excited to try this, and I've played wasiten many times in 2k4.
The layout, feel, look etc... is nothing like the original. I would recommend changing the name.
Very good feedback Achernar
Thank you very much. The next version will come as soon as possible.
New Beta 2 version. here.
- Fixed graphic and collision issues
- Added flow effect
- Added Mass Effect easter eggs
Last edited by Elcrolonosios; 11-14-2011 at 08:43 PM.
I did not have to look far to find easter eggs
I had some fun in this map but this isn't one my favorite.
I just remembered this one hasn't been seen in finals, just wondering if the author is still working on this one. If so I had a few pointers I'd like to add. This is a cool map, just needs a bit more polish and it should be ready. Hope Elcrolonosios is still thinking about this one.
Hehehe, thank you Achernar.
No i didn't work on this map for a long time. I'm not in my "mapping cycle" for now, maybe next month or later.
New version available here : Waisten 2011 (Beta 5)
Many changes have been performed
- Rebuilt : elevator access (water replaced by stairs and ground)
- Removed/Relocated : containers
- Altered : initial jumpers direction
- Added : jumpers
- Added : Rocket Launcher pickup
- Rebuilt : building access
- Lowered : sidewalk
- Added : stairs
- Altered : Main light
- Added : DirectionnalLights
- Added : light cones
- Added : light lamps
- Added : deco & stuff
- Added : graffiti and tags
- Added : ambient sounds for billboards, lamps and machines
- Fixed : textures resolution
- Fixed : statichmesh lightmap
Glad to see your still working on this one. Good job adding edging, and cleaning up the shield belt area. Overall it feels much closer to final
Good effort to improve lighting, the contrast is much better.
The extra decals are a nice addition.
Just a few areas that could use a bump on light mapping (meshes & bsp), the completion of edging and this should be finished.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much Achernar for your feedbacks. That really helps me !!
Lot's of changes as been made !
Will try asap
What is the suggested playercount ? I load the map against 9 bots but didn't know how many players so I just guessed.
- I encounter several collision issues at the bottom at the stair meshes where there are a small pillar, colliding against them.
- Playerstart need to be closer to pickups. Many time I spawn to far away from a weapon or a armor. Been vulnerable to long.
- Some parts near walls would benefit adding a blocking volume because you collide against some meshes.
- Overall, I found the map to bright & it need more contrast, more darker areas. Look like the skylight brightness is to high.
- Would look better if you add more color & more light sources (neons, lamps, etc) with different brightness & colors.
- Playing with PostProcessing more can add more contrast & make things "pop". It need it imho.
- The sky look a bit odd. I mean 2 colors only & they contrast to much (bright blue for the sky + bright white for the clouds). Adding a second heightfog (pale blue) with a long range setting would smooth your sky material. I also suggest to lower your skydome Z axis (like 75% instead of 100%) so your sky will look more natural.
- It need more ambient sounds. The light hum / buzz sound we hear sound the same everywhere. It need to be more random (volume / speed). Adding a very low windy sound in all those long corridor would also be better for immersion.
- Adding crickets & sounds like that here & there will add atmosphere.
It's a short list since I didn't had the time to play much. Keep up the good work
Nice remake mate. Played this map (in Beta 5) and me likey; confirmed with more variables to fix the issues! Good work. Like the jump pads and some good spots for fragging experience.
The internet to me is kind of like a black hole, and I never really go on it. Jennifer Lawrence
Christmas Maps and Mutators for UT2004 (November 11, 2013 - January 05, 2014)
Private Tux Area (since Feb 13, 2013) | UT2004 Voice Packs (For UT99/UT3 section.) | UT2004/UT3 Short Reviews
UT2004 Voice Pack Creation Tutorial | Custom UT2004 Voice Pack Links | EGF UT2004 Full Releases Thread List (full one) | Private Tux's Essential UT Files
Private Tux supports UTzone.de, Unreal Old Friends, UT99.org, Mapraider, and inactively L4Y Follow Private Tux on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest
My non-voice packs:
Public Icons Team Symbol Pack (BETA) | LINK Model from The Legend of Zelda | Chuck Norris Model
Custom UT3 characters by euchreplayer23:
Transformers Character Pack | Video Game Character Pack | Girls of 'Gears of War' + Girls of 'Borderlands' + Other Character Packs
Please don't send me any questions via e-mail/PM on the Internet. I'm a busy man and no time to respond those messages.
UT-Files.com is shut down! If you have any dead links from one of the following threads, post or PM me and I will give you a link shortly.
Public Notice: To all UT2004 and UT3 modders, don't use GameFront anymore because of their terrible FAQ and downloads not supported in some territories, use Mediafire instead. Click here for more. (Duplicated thread to UT2004.) (Duplicated thread to UT3.)
New version available here : Waisten 2011 (Beta 7)
Thank you all for your advises. I took them in consideration and are in the change log below
Updates : (Beta 5 -> Beta 7)
- Altered : Main light brightness
- Altered : Main light's color (Sunset color)
- Added : Sun mesh
- Altered : Sky clouds' color, size and count
- Added : Light lamps
- Altered : Ambient sounds for lamps and adv
- Added : Ambient crickets sounds near trees
- Added : Ambient wind sound in Stinger and Flak corridors
- Added : Emiters of falling leaves near trees
- Added : Emiter of sparking broken machine near Thighpads
- Added : Reverb volume in Stinger and Flak corridors
- Added : Corridor near BioRifle pickup
- Altered : LinkGun pickup location
- Altered : PostProcess brightness and shadows
- Altered : Elevators' speed
- Added : Custom map's music track based on 'Mars' from Mass Effect 3
- Fixed : Blocking volumes and collision settings
needs author and player load in preview shot; nice old buildings in rundown urban environment with wooo, wait, thats a bright skybox, wasnt expecting that; like the banners, graffiti, surrounding city and girls/guns (always good combo); gameplay is good and fun, bots are easy, good weapon/item placement; was that something flying overhead?; game locked up for 2-5 seconds about 3 times near beginning of match and computer beeped , but was fine after that; didnt notice if there was any music, but it definitely needs more sounds.