Gears 3 is amazing, there's only one problem I have with it:
I think the sawn off needs to be tweaked. I now don't play wingman because people hide out with them on power weapons or rush with them. I've tried playing TDM but I get the opposing team camping with them. (Gridlock- 3 enemies at snipe two hiding sawn off users guarding each stairs and one sniper).
Anyway, I refuse to use this weapon, I don't care if it means I can't get an achievement, I find them cheap to use. We all know the amount of skill that is(n't) involved. They aren't tactical they slow down gameplay etc etc.
So solutions to this:
1. Have sawn off spawn as a power weapon/weapon on a map.
2. Let you equip it at the start as normal but only have 1/2 shells.
3. Take it out of the game...
1. In tdms this will make limiting the amount of sawn offs on the map, sawn offs can be easily contained as only one or two enemies or allies will have them.
2. It's still equipable at the start you just have less ammo. Still the one shot cannon epic seem to want it to be, but at least when you get shot by it the enemy can only run away once while reloading and you don't have to chase them again and again. (Most likely into other DBS users so you aren;t dodging their one gun but awhole teams).
3. Not going to happen.
1. I actually can't see that many cons to this. The weapon would be fair game, you'd have to earn it to use it, epic can keep the ammo amount and range the same and it'd be easier to handle because hopefully their should be less of them in play at once.
2. The game play would still be slow, if a player only has one shot in the DBS he uses it and doesn't get more ammo (regardless or not of him getting a kill) then they'd undoubtably use their AR more. What with stopping power etc and the game play would be slower but not the camp fest TDM/wingman has now turned into then a day would go by before we'd get people whining about "ARs ARE OVERPOWERED NERF PLEASE OR TAKE DEM OUT OF DIS GAME!!!!!1111"
3. Still not going to happen.
To me the sawn off doesn't add a level of tacticalness to the game because everyone gets one and it's an instant one shot kill 90% of the time, I've watched team mates and enemies aplenty waiting round corner with them just to get that one precious kill that seems to justify to them how amazing they are. Wingman and execution (I haven't played any warzone yet but I imagine it's ARs used most often there) have been slowed down gameplay wise. There's a fine line between added tactics and plain boring with this gun and atm it's on the boring side.
I realise the sawn off was put into the game as an alt starter shotgun, but the community doesn't want that they wanted a gnasher that worked. I also know that any adjustment to the DBS will have after effects on other things in the game, I at least hope they realise or try test different ways to come to a solution like they have with spawn camping on Trenches and Stadium (forgot the name).
I want to know if anyone has any other solutions or suggestions on ways to improve the dbs, at the moment this gun is the UMP of the game.