Name: Dead Simple 2.0
Version: BETA 0.9
- A modern take on a deathmatch classic.
- Includes the original layout of Doom 2's Dead Simple with its original pick-up locations, but with several twists.
- The now antiquated demon stronghold has been occupied by Liandri Corp. Originally a research project to study the demonic powers there, labs were quickly replaced by military equipment and a heavily armed LRC stronghold has been established in the mountains around the original demon base.
- The source of the demonic powers has been discovered in a cavern underneath the main arena. Dark secrets lay hidden within.
- Chaotic classic game play mixed with modern deathmatch elements. Take to the skies and bring death from above, clear the skies with AA turrets and Longbow missiles, launch an artillery assault, slip from base to base via the Liandri evacuation portals, utilize superior strategy and tactics to dominate the opposing team in TDM by controlling one base or the other and/or key vehicles and pick-ups... or simply annihilate your opponents in the timeless Dead Simple arena.
- ...Remember, invincibility even protects against lava. Never know what you might find down there...
Known Issues (BETA 0.9):
- Additional blocking volumes needed in various areas around the main arena to prevent players from being caught on specific detail meshes.
- Bots will not land on the LRC base from a flying vehicle and will occasionally try to enter a LRC base vehicle while still in another vehicle.
- Bots occasionally try to get the Raptor before the hanger opens.
- Bots occasionally don't go after the U-Damage immediately after its available.
- On lower skill level settings, bots may have difficulty navigating the custom portals (Liandri Evac Portals).
Special thanks to...
- American McGee and Sandy Petersen, the creators of one of the most classic deathmatch arena maps of all time: Doom 2's "MAP07" (Dead Simple).
- NickG for rigorously testing some of the early AI problems I had with my map. You, sir, are the man.
- Zak Parrish, Jason Busby, Jeff Wilson, everyone else over at 3dbuzz.com, and Hourences for the tips and tutorial videos.
- All the other folks on these forums who've helped with with various n00bish questions. With any luck, that list of folks will get longer now that the beta's posted!
Important: Any and all commentary and criticism is more than welcome and strongly encouraged. I've got thick skin so feel free to open fire.
Many thanks to all. Definitely hope you enjoy it.
Additional screenshots can be found here.