Name: file name: CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts; title: Sly.'s Block Forts
Version: RC 1
Compatibility: regular UT2004, no bonus content should be needed, should also work with UT2003
Construction time: about 3 hours (incl. recreation of the original textures) + some hours of testing and spectating bots.
Description: "Do you recognize this arena? Probably yes. Once you could see go-karts driving on these forts, bananas lying on the ground and ?-boxes. Today you see Tournament combatants fighting, goo sticking to the ground and weapon and ammo pick-ups. Are you ready for a fight on Sly's Block Forts?"
(small note: forgot the dot in my name, will be changed in the final )
Credits: Epic Games for the Unreal series, the engine, the UEd3 and UT2003/4, myself for recreating the map (), Nintendo for the original "arena" and Nemephosis, who requested this remake
Comment: This map is almost a 1 -1 remake. I tried to recreate it as accurately as possible and I think I did it.
I recreated this map for Nemephosis, since he couldn't find what he was searching for (and since I needed something new to work on that doesn't take ages to finish). He wanted the blue and green forts to be swapped so I did this, I added all necessary pickups and tried to balance the map as good as I could. I hope you all will like it, I had pretty much fun with it while testing and I'm very surprised how good it turned out
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
The Release Candidate 1 is out. The download link has been updated.
Changes from the beta:
- Reduced player count to 2-8
- Added location volumes for the ground level and both levels of each forts
- Added a small sun (seriously, it seemed a bit strange that there was sunlight but no sun in this map)
- Corrected Shock Rifle ammo issue
- slightly improved paths (corrected some issues, I don't see a need for AI scripts in this map though, the bots act fine without them)
- Reduced the number of adrenaline pills on the map to a half
- Fixed the skybox issue (the blue bottom is now grey/white)
- Added a map description
Still known issues:
- Still no music (in search for a good remix of the original Block Fort music, if I don't find one for the final I'll use a calm UT2004 song, probably one of the Level tracks)
- There is still no screenshot. The screenshot will be added when the map reaches its final state.