COMPATABILITY: Latest patch.
- Custom Skyward Fire audio track (Re-mixed by 1x.)
- Custom textures & assets (1x)
- Aprox. 8500 combine total assets
- Appropriate scaling
- Next-Gen / UT3 design style
- Original / fully authentic layout
- Highly optimized for performance
- Dozens of hours of play & AI testing (Humans Vs AI on LAN) - (Dedicated Server Environment)
- Secondary dedicated beta testing phase (Bug hunting, enhancing & polishing) (Credits UOF)
- Highly popular (Fan Favorite) from UT99 / official ladder map
Small - Medium size, 4-10 players recommended, symmetric bases, subterranean natural 'cave' setting, UT99 (fan favorite) competitive map; previously played frequently on official ladders such as the worldogl.com and provinggrounds.comCOMMENTS:DETAILS:
Many years ago the site was discovered far below the Earth at the base of a glacier in a semi-frozen subterranean cavern.
The year is now 2262 .. After the ancient subterranean caves discovery; the Necris tunneled further into the heart of the Earth constructing & fortifying the bases with steel and stone to adopt this dark & dreary underworld for the Tournament.
It is said that they buried both the living & the dead in the walls during the excavation of its bases, while still many enslaved Ironguard & Ronin captives simply vanished. The Necris eventually elected to transfer ownership of their now fully functional base to LRC in exchange for an undisclosed sum of Tournament credits.
Fast forwarding to present, Liandri Robotics Corporation continues to possess ownership rights of CTF-Maelstrom & maintains the site through its ongoing use for the Tournament.
- Collisions on certain (obtrusive) trim have intentionally been disabled.
- The short pathways below the base entrance/stairs are supposed to be dark.
- The ceilings in the bases are intentionally dark to accent the lighting.
- Much time & effort has been spent to reasonably accomplish the 'over-all' best possible 'end-product' i could provide for everyone with out delaying the release for months if not longer, or have it never make a public final.
- I hope you all enjoy playing this map as much as i enjoyed developing it.
- If my publications continue to be well received (some of which i've made primarily for personal use/lan play with friends) i'll continue to publicly release them.
- Recommended Neutral brightness settings of 5, & default PP setting (vivid or intense of you like it even darker)
- All your base are belong to us .. (GL / HF, CLICKED)
DIRECT DOWNLOAD: PC VERSION - CTF-Maelstrom.7zEpic, Peter 'MiliMeter' T. (Original UT99 Author) ME, Indimidator[MK], Rogue[MK], iGniTe[MK], Scorpion[MK], XTman[MK], Slayer[MK], Stoned[MK] (AKA Leviathan[MK]), Ani[MK] Anthrax[MK], Wretched[MK], Elite[MK], BadAsh[MK], ReXHavox[MK] - (Formerly [bAd]Rexhavox), TheKing[MK]. NoAimNoMoves[MK]
& the rest of Clan[MK] - Props to clans; IMF, HOC, TAL, TBA, SGL, TD, & the other honorable USA / Canada CTF Instagib clans from UT99. Greetz to all the clans & players across the rest world.
Additional Credits / Testing;
Lord_PorkSword, Odedge, Diesalot, Thrallala, Gussie[MK] Bl!tz, Stevelois, HO0815XX, Intimidator[MK], T-NiTro[MK], GunrGurl, & TheHitMan - Thank you all again for the testing & valuable feedback!
Additional thanks to Stevelois & Lord_PorkSword for some additional last minute pre-release testing.
Special thanks to Thrallala for suggesting we do this right and hold a rigorous beta test phase <private - UOF by my choice> when he spotted the screen shots on i posted in the dedicated remake thread.
Also greetz to my friends: Sebastien Nova, Zerglings, Flak, Rathalos, Skillz, poppersia, Zunnie, Thalos, Sneh, YourPackage, Barballs, Ignotium, & UBerserker.
MIRROR / UT-FILES.COM: PC VERSION - CTF-Maelstrom.7z
MIRROR / MAP-RAIDER PC VERSION - CTF-Maelstrom.7z