Epic Games has released the January 2010 UDK Beta, a free, updated version of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK).
Epic is committed to providing the UDK community with regular software releases free of charge, and the latest beta is available now at www.udk.com/download.
Do you need to get your UDK game in front of a publisher? Epic wants to hear from you!
Also, please check out our updated technical, legal and licensing FAQs:
An extensive list of new additions and improvements included with this version is available at:
http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...s.html#January 2010: UDKInstall-2010-01-BETA
- decal improvements
- lit translucent decals are now supported
- allows much better blending of decal edges into the environment
- shadowmap support for decals
- works for both static and dynamic shadow maps and allows for decals to receive shadows from dominant directional lights as well as toggleable lights
- works when decal is attached to texture and vertex lightmapped
- Animtrails: animation driven trail emitters
- allows artists to easily create particle trails following animations
- ongoing UTGame de-nativization
- Moving UTGame specific C++ functionality that didn't need to be in C++ back into UnrealScript
- This makes it easier for UDK developers to see how we implemented this functionality, and has also resulted in new engine functionality being exposed to script.
- Notable examples include the new SVehicle physics interface functions and making it possible to tick skeletal controllers and UTUIScenes in script.
- fixed Lightmass generating directional lighting being flipped in the texture's V direction
Updated UDN Documentation
Additional documentation, code samples and more are available at the Unreal Developer Network (UDN):
Join the UDK user group on LinkedIn:
Check out UDK on Facebook: