Renegade X - 0.5 Beta Release!
The fourth version of Renegade X is up and ready to play! Renegade X is the Command & Conquer mod for Unreal Tournament 3, and since September 30th 2009, our beta has been open to the public to try out. We've consecutively released three versions of Renegade X in just over three months, and now our long-awaited version 0.5 is now available.
This will be our final build for Unreal Tournament 3. At this point forward, the team will be concentrating on porting Renegade X over to the Unreal Development Kit - this process will make the mod standalone, and therefore, once we make our Renegade X releases for the UDK, you will no longer require Unreal Tournament 3. The process will take a few months, and we will be sure to update you all with details once things are on their way.
At the same time, we will be organizing plenty of events for Renegade X 0.5. The latest version of the Server Client also includes an auto updater, which will allow us to make quick patches when necessary for 0.5
Download Renegade X 0.5 here!
Renegade-X.com Mirror: http://www.renegade-x.com/index.php?...d=61&Itemid=69
More mirrors coming soon!
1. You must have a legal copy of Unreal Tournament 3. If you don't have it yet, it can be found for extremely reasonable prices on Steam and most game stores.
2. You must have the latest Unreal Tournament 3 patch applied to your game. If you have UT3, and have not yet patched it with the latest UT3 patch, then please download it here: http://udn.epicgames.com/Files/UT3/UT3patch5.exe NOTE: If you bought the Unreal Tournament 3 Black Edition from Steam you do NOT need this patch (it's already included).
3. You must remove any previous versions of Renegade X from your computer. Go to your "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3" folder, and delete the "Renegade" folder before you install Renegade X 0.5.
4. Download the Renegade X 0.5 beta.
5. Run the installation to fully install this version of Renegade X.
6. Create a shortcut to the mod. If you are unable to launch the Frontend (Server Client) application, the reason is because you do not have .NET frame work 3.5 installed. However, you can still run the mod by creating an Unreal Tournament 3 shortcut, and in the Properties target line, simply add " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" minus the quotes at the end. Playing the mod in "Instant Action" also requires this same short cut.
Maps and Mods for Renegade X!
That's right! Since this will be our last major release until the standalone version, the Renegade X team has decided to release a Map Editor and the mod's Source Code. These tools come with the 0.5 release download, and with them, one can make their own custom maps, mutators, and total conversion mods for Renegade X. You'll be able to put any custom content into Renegade X - so go ahead, make the mod yours, and go nuts with both the map editor and source code.
0.4 to 0.5 Changelist
We've spent the last two months adding plenty of new content, and fixing glitches for this new version. Changes include two new maps (Under and Walls), Powerplants, new weapons (Volt Autorifle and Ramjets), mod tools, enhanced visuals, bug fixes, and much more.
View the full changelist HERE:
Mod of the Year Voting!
On behalf of the Renegade X development team, I'd like to thank all of our fans. We've made it to Mod DB's "Top 100 mods" for their annual Mod of the Year (MOTY) awards. We could not have done it without you, and we are greatly thankful that you have chosen to vote for Renegade X out of over 3,500 active mods.
We call on you again!
The phase 2 to the MOTY has now begun. This is the real challenge. We are up against all the other released mods for the Top 5 Released category. Voting is now reset, and the top 100 mods are in competition for the top mods and indie games position. THIS MEANS YOU CAN NOW VOTE AGAIN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE VOTED FOR RENEGADE X DURING PHASE 1!
All it takes for you is three clicks of your mouse. Visit this page: http://www.moddb.com/events/2009-mod...-awards/top100
And under the "Top 100 Best Released Mods & Indies of 2009" category, click Unreal Tournament 3, and then click on the "VOTE" button beside Renegade X.
Spread the word!
The 0.5 beta includes new and updated art.
Walls is back, and is looking better than ever!
The very first C&C Renegade map is now back, in Renegade X 0.5!
That's all for now! Keep an eye out for more updates: we'll be talking about upcoming events, patches, progress news, and more, in the coming weeks and months.
Will give this a try
Too bad the UT3 community is dead.
Will give it a try though!
People like YOU make it dead! Jk. There are quite a few people that do play VCTF, WAR, it's not dead. I looked at servers in UT2004 the other day and it's about just as dead too.
Originally Posted by Morgfyre