Saving Fracture Mesh
I can't seem to save the Fracture Mesh after I create it. It gives me a "read-only" error.
I was following a Raven67854 YouTube Fracture tutorial for turning a static mesh into a fracture mesh. He saves his mesh with no problem, but again, mine gives me a read only error.
Did you make a copy of the mesh before altering it with Fracture?
What do u mean by Copy, I made my fracture mesh's just fine there was no need to make copy's,
2. Save package
3. Open mesh and choose Fracture
4. Define Fracture settings
5. Done, Re save Package if needed
When creating a fractured mesh just generate one from the original model don't worry about making backup copy's of the mesh in udk. Udk will Create the Fractured Mesh as a new mesh in the Browser.
Here are some ides for u to stew over and reply back on.
1.What is your UDK's Working Directory - Hopefully not in [Program Filesx32]
2. Have u got the Working folders set to (Read-Only) - accidental or not
3. Are u trying to modify an Inlcuded udk mesh or have u imported your own
5. Again Check Read-Only Status on the UDK working Folders - INC PACKAGES
6. ARE U USING AN ADMINISTRATION ACCOUNT & DOES THAT ACCOUNT OWN UDK WORKING DIRECTORY!
For future reference provide a little more detail in your posts please.