Welcome to the UDK recruiting forum, where you can put a team together to help develop your game or find a new or established team to join.
Please remember that the Unreal Development Kit is available to everyone over the age of 13 for download. In addition, it is available to people all over the world! There will be many ages and skill levels posting in this forum. Please also remember that English is not everyone’s first language and we ask that you demonstrate patience when responding to posts in this forum. We also ask that when you start a thread that you make it as professional as possible. Remember, you are trying to “sell” yourself and or your game, so put your best foot forward! If want to be taken seriously, a well thought out and professional post will go a long way.
If you are initiating a thread, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines when posting.
- Please be clear whether are looking for someone to join your team or you are looking for a team to join.
- If you are looking for recruits, please explain your game in detail and post concept art if available. Be very clear whether you are looking for an employee (for pay) or for a hobbyist. Use the thread prefixes when posting. You will see a dropdown next to the thread title.
- Do not discuss compensation in the thread; please save that discussion for private messages.
- Posting example code or images from third-party intellectual property (IP not owned by you) is OK, but please use the proper copyright notices for all. (Give credit where credit is due.) Please use the screenshot button to post images larger than 600x600 px
- If you are looking for a team to join, please give examples of your work and let everyone know how much time you are willing to devote to a project. Do not try to pass off someone else’s work as your own.
If you are responding to a thread, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines when posting.
- Be helpful! If you see someone not following the rules or guidelines, kindly remind them by linking to this post. Remember what it is like to be starting out and temper your posts accordingly.
- Refrain from flaming. If you see rule violations please report the post rather than engaging in a flame war.
- Do not accuse people of stealing other’s work. If you are sure there is an issue, use the “report post” feature and give as much detail as possible. We will investigate.
- A constructive critique of someone’s work is fine and encouraged; insulting them or their work could earn you warning points.
These guidelines are subject to change and will be updated and amended as necessary.