Why UBLE ?
UTAN being down for an undetermined amount of time, server admins can't edit their servers' ban list. And since not all admins have been able to retrieve a list of their bans from UTAN's site before it was taken down, they either have to remove UTAN's ban manager from their servers (thus losing all their bans) or to stick with it and a frozen set of bans as the data is not stored in a human readable format. One may be able to retrieve the whole list by parsing the UTAN Ban Manager's logs if one kept all of them since the beginning, but it's a rather lengthy/tedious process.
What is UBLE ?
The UTAN Ban List Editor is here to allow server admins to add, modify, and remove bans from their servers. If they wish to simply drop UTAN's ban manager, it also allows them to export these bans so they can be used directly into the server's configuration file.
System Requirements :
- Operating System : Windows XP is strongly recommended, but it should run on Windows 2000 as well as Vista and 7. Earlier versions are not supported (it may work on these, but if it doesn't, not my problem). Mac and Linux are not supported.
- Required Runtimes and Softwares : .NET Framework 2.0, Windows Installer
Installing the .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) and Windows Installer (28 MB) *click me* :
- instmsia.exe : Windows Installer 2.0, you don't need to install it if you have Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe : Windows Installer 3.1, you don't need to install it if you have Windows 2000/XP/Vista or you use Windows Update religiously. Windows Installer 3.1 is needed to run the setup package.
- dotnetfx.exe : The .NET Framework 2.0 is needed to run the program, so install it if you don't already have it on your computer. After installing the framework, go to Windows Update, and download the lastest security updates for the framework.
- langpack.exe : This is the french language pack for the .NET Framework. In theory, it's not needed on client computers. I'm putting it here just in case.
Download either UBLE zipped MSI Package (225 KB) or UBLE MSI Package (417 KB), then run uble-setup.msi. Choose the installation folder, install... A shortcut will be placed on your desktop.
Why would you want to do that? Oh well, Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> UTAN Ban List Editor -> Remove
Open UBLE and you'll see the instructions in the textbox on the right along with thanks and other stuff.
When exporting bans, don't forget to choose which information you wish to export (GUIDs, GUIDs and IPs, GUIDs and IP-ranges) via the filter list. This feature has been temporarily disabled in the current version.
The rest should be rather straightforward
Known bugs/limitations, planned features
- A list of recently opened ban lists is planned.
- Re-enabling the export feature in the next release.
Source code of UBLE
The full source code will not be released. Parts of the code related to the core functionalities may however be released at a later date.
This program is a FREEWARE and is provided 'AS IS' without warranty of any kind, either expressed implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the results and performance of the program is assumed by you. Should the program prove defective, you (and not the author nor it's distributors) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, and correction. There's no warranty that the functions contained in the program will meet your requirements or that the operation of the program will be uninterrupted or error free.
Neither Omnip)o(tentS nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this program shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, lost profits, business interruption or loss of information arising out of the use, the results of use, or inability to use such program, or damage of loss caused by the program, even if advised of the possibility of such damages or claim.