The Vehicle Set Replacement Mutator
an XS Vehicles production
Full 1.5, 2009-09-05
This is a standalone version of the mutator included in the main XS Vehicles release package. It does not contain any of the vehicle assets and is not pre-configured to replace the default vehicles with XS ones.
- Replace any vehicle in a map with a different one, either custom or stock.
- Create, modify, save or delete the replacement sets via a user-friendy interface.
- Affect vehicles for the red and blue teams independently.
- Assign replacement sets to maps to avoid coming back to the mutator menu after every match.
- Replace not only the vehicles appearing near the Nodes in Warfare, but also the neutral vehicles in vCTF, as well as those spawned by Kismet sequences.
- Use the fully customizable "Random vehicle" option as a replacement choice to add variety to every subsequent match.
- Replacing all available vehicles with your favorite one is just a single click away - Leviathan-only skirmishes were never that easy to arrange!
Click below to watch a video presentation of some of the features
UT3, v2.0 or higher
Concept, code, graphic design.
Internal testing, layout design.
- Copy the UTGame folder into your Unreal Tournament 3 folder.
Note: You can safely overwrite any earlier (probably beta) version of the mutator, it will not delete your custom sets, as the package doesn't contain an empty UTXS_Vehicles_Sets.ini file (that's where the user-created sets are located).
- To install new (custom) vehicles, so that they appear within the mutator's interface, add an .ini configuration file to your Config folder, containing following lines:
Code:[UTVehicle_vehicleclassname UTUIDataProvider_Vehicle] ClassName=vehiclepackagename.vehicleclassname FriendlyName=vehicle's user-friendly name you want to see within the interface
- Please also note that some custom vehicles (CaptainSnarf's Modded Vehicles for example) already come with proper configuration files.
- The mutator goes open-source now. Feel free to use the code and assets in creative ways.
- Grab those from one of the following locations: