As a preface, this thread is meant mostly to gather more critique on what I've gotten done on this model. I didn't have much other reason than that, since i honestly would have preferred to keep this a secret until it was in a more ready state. If you think anything is off or doesn't look right, and you think it should change, say so. It'll be helpful in the long run. (Unless it's something stupid like 'lol boobs should be bigger'. In which case I'll go WAT because that's strange as hell.)
This is my current progress on this thing I've been calling a 'Soldier Bee', despite the fact it looks like some weird frog thing with horns. (long story)
So far, I have about 2/3 the model work done. the render would have the hands in it, but those ended up being 1.2k tris (!) each, so I'm going probably redo those because that's an insane amount for something simple.
The rest so far is around 9k (minus hands), which I'm beginning to think is a might bit steep considering there's still a considerable ammount left to do. oh well, I'll try to get that fixed when I go back over it.
As a note, I'll update this thread with progress (which might be soon since I'm already working on the next section of it.)
Another note, I have a tendency to color code the parts as I'm working then give them a base material later. the ones in red/orange are what I've done this week. (though it's more accurate to say 4-5 days.)