First time playing any other of Epic's games besides Gears of War and Wow, the gameplay elements, in this game, is FREAKIN, BAD-ASS. I just bought this game and started playing it and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
If I had a hand at designing and re-imagining a newer version of this game, I would do a whole make over with some tweaks to the style of gameplay.
Pros and Cons for Current Status in my Own Opinion
first off I would like to say that this game is very specific to a certain design. (Egypt in the future) in which there is a massive line of like it or don't like it. And I just happen to not like it. Sorry guys and gallllls but Iiiiiii'm just not a huuuuuuge fan of Egyptian style architecture. And thats not to say that I hate it completely. I do however like some of the futuristic textures and designs of some of the buildings and levels that aren't heavily gold and blue plated, Egyptian statued and symbols strewn out on them. I would have loved it much more if they held back a little more on it. Even though a couple of the level layouts were good, I still wasn't feeling it. But I do understand that the main characters and maybe the whole game is pretty much Egyptian influenced. Its what threw me off about this game in the first place when it first came out and I was very much into Halo and Halo2 at the time. Maybe I was into it a little too much. I bought this game used and very cheap if anyone was wondering.
Would have paid 100 dollors to play this game if it was more like halo in regards to style.
As far as the characters and races goes. I love the liandri bots and the skaarj race, but Torgr is way more bad-ass looking than Szalor(Szalor sucks). The human race is bad-ass of course.
I have mixed feelings for the Nakhti race though, they have cool attacks with melee weapons and the weapons are cool, but again the egyptian style.
The Juggernauts are a total wast of space. Your average meat heads.
Already have some big guys, the skaarj, which are way much more cooler.
And the Necris. A really nasty race in my opinion. Don't know why they are there but I guess some one at epic really likes zombies, vampires, gothic and the whole Egyptian look. The Necris are too far fetched for me. Could just be my preferences though.
In regards to weapons, wheres the shotgun? I though everyone loved shoguns
I do like the flak shogun though. But we need a modern version as well.Loved the rocket launcher and shock rifle concept. The pistols were alright.
Just had to let you know how I felt about the designs before I started throwing out ideas.
Gameplay 10of10 points.
Style and Visuals 6of10 points.
And Possibly Non-Unreal and Title
By Design and Minimal Game Play Tweaks
Imagine if this game was simplified back to basics and Quite possibly starting it all over with a clean slate with characters, Environments and story. Just imagine.
A Blending of Gears of War, Halo, Unreal Championship 2, Rainbow Six, Terminator, Robocop, Aliens, and Predators and might as well toss in some new stuff. A Hybrid if you will of everything Bad-Ass to make it Ultra-Bad-Ass.
- Ok, now that thats over with. I would say a more of a grounded design with minimal futuristic touches. Like luminated computer screens and holograms in mid air type of deal. I love the shields and plasma looking weapons as well. I'm thinking of more bunker styled levels like thick cemented buildings and traditional stoneworked walls. The metal citys in the game are pretty cool too.
- Make it third person Gears of War style.
- I would like to see more robots like Raptor in the game. He was the reason why I love this game so much.
- human factions, robots and possibly an alien styled race.
- Linear styled campaign levels separated from arena styled levels.
- Updated graphics.
- More traditional styled weapons in regards to lead spewing.
- A little bit slower paced like being able to walk without having to run all the time.
- Again on style, More outdoorsy styled levels with some structures strewn about.
- Every faction has its own theme for their characters and structures that aren't way too far fetched.
- Each race's styles will be shown in some deathmatch and campaign levels such as buildings and environments and their buildings in different environments.
- Tone down the adrenaline types or remove all together.
- Remove health bar and make it auto rechargeable.
- Possibly have mutators to allow the above two.
- Be able to hide behind cover, Gears of War style.
Well, thats all I got for right now.
Feel free to tell me your opinions.
Sorry if I sound like I hate this, which I don't. I'm at 50/50 with it.