|**|Readme of Unreal Tournament 3 Weapons, Pickups and Vehicles mutators for Unreal Tournament 2004|**|
*NOTE: For best results, Word Wrap needs to be enabled.*
Authors: GreatEmerald, Wormbo
Release Date: 2008 11 15
Last Update: 2010 06 07
Archive Filename: UT3Style4UT2004-B3.7z
Unpacked Size: 109 MB
Version: Beta 3.0
Mutator Names: UT3 Weapons, UT3 Vehicles, UT3 Instagib, UT3 Like the Back of My Hand
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: Yes
New Music: No
New Weapons: Yes
New Vehicles: Yes
New UnrealScript: Yes
New UnrealMatinee: No
Custom Vertex Animated Meshes: No
Custom Static Meshes: Yes
Weapons: All UT3 weapons.
Ammo: For all UT3 weapons.
Vehicles: All Axon UT3 vehicles.
Pickups: All UT3 ones except for some powerups.
Sounds: For pickups, weapons and vehicles.
Animations: None yet.
Base: Unreal Tournament 3
Build Time: Several months.
Editors Used: UDE, Notepad, PSPad, UnrealEd 3.0, Sound Recorder, UnrealEd for UT3, Audacity.
Known Issues: See the Known Issues category below.
1. Impact Hammer: It doesn't knock items off players.
2. Enforcer, Stinger, Sniper: The tracer colour is not the same.
3. Biorifle: It doesn't have the blob at the end of it once charged.
4. Shock Rifle: The skin isn't entirely the same, however, it can't be due to UE2 limitations. Will use particles later.
5. AVRiL: The lock on crosshair isn't right.
6. Rocket Launcher: It charges faster than its animation shows.
7. Translocator: The EM field skin might show some anomalies.
1. Leviathan: Doesn't have destroyable turrets.
2. Hellfire SPMA: Bot support isn't complete.
3. Scorpion: Can steer too good when boosting.
4. Overall: Steering and speed might feel incorrect.
5. Vehicles still use UT2004 meshes.
1. No zoom Instagib yet.
1. Please note that the feeling might be not identical to UT3 as the values were usually just copied over from UT3 to UT2004. Yet that way you still have some UT2004 feel which eliminates most issues people mention about original UT3 weapons.
2. Not tested online thoroughly, but should work for the most part.
3. The armour pickups won't appear in the HUD.
Unreal Tournament 2004 with Editor's Choice or Megapack BPs.
Unrar UT3Style4UT2004-B3.rar into your UT2004 folder. If you want to do it manually, follow the guide below.
*.unr, *.un2, and *.ut2 files go in Maps\
*.utx files go in Textures\
*.umx and *.ogg files go in Music\
*.uax files go in Sounds\
*.u, *.ucl, *.int, and *.ini files go in System\
*.usx files go in StaticMeshes\
*.ukx files go in Animations\
*.ka files go in Karma\
*.upx files go in Prefabs\
Unreal Tournament 3 weapons, pickups and vehicles converted to Unreal Tournament 2004. This pack gives you four mutators:
1. UT3 Weapons:
Version: Beta 2.0
All of the weapons from UT3 converted for use in UT2004. That includes sounds, functionality, visuals and icons.
2. UT3 Vehicles:
Version: Beta 1.1
All the vehicles converted from UT3 for use in UT2004. That includes sounds, functionality, tooltips and some visuals.
3. UT3 Instagib:
Version: Beta 1.0
Instagib with UT3 Instagib Rifles.
4. UT3 Like the Back of My Hand:
Version: Beta 1.0
A mutator that emulates the UT3 achievement "Like the Back of My Hand". It displays the amount of pickups on the map and gives you an announcement and logs it if you manage to find all the pickups in a map.
Works very well with some versions of the map VCTF-Suspense2K4 to bring the UT3 feeling to UT2004.
Still working on this mutator pack; also on Unreal Tournament 2003 style mutators and Unreal II weapons. You can find information on all this and more on my website.
Wormbo, GreatEmerald, Epic Games and BeyondUnreal forums
For porting the health and armour pickups, Translocator, Leviathan and SPMA, and allowing to further develop and release the mod;
For porting the rest of the weapons, vehicles, sounds and icons;
For providing models and textures of the weapons.
Wail of Suicide:
For providing the base for the UT3 Scorpion;
For providing all the weapon, vehicle and pickup sounds;
For help in solving some UnrealScript related issues.
For providing the Readme template;
Epic Games Forums:
For providing support, answering questions and giving tips.
+ b1.0 The initial beta.
* b1.1 Fixed the Shock Rifle bug that prevented it from doing combos.
* b1.1 The Sniper Rifle no longer creates a smoke screen.
+ b2.0 Added the vehicles: Hellbender, Manta, Goliath, Scorpion, Paladin, Hellfire SPMA.
! b2.0 The Raptor is now just like the one in UT3.
! b2.0 Leviathan now has correct sounds.
! b2.0 You can no longer make Impact Hammer jumps after jumping, but the height of a jump was increased by 20%.
! b2.0 Link Gun alt fire transfers less momentum.
+ b3.0 Added all of the meshes and textures for weapons.
! b3.0 Revised most of the weapon sounds, now they feel closer to their UT3 counterparts.
* b3.0 Fixed most of the weapon bugs that were present in the previous beta. See the development blog for more details.
+ b3.0 A lot of mechanics additions for weapons so they would be nearly the same as in UT3.
You MAY use this mutator pack as a base for other packs.
You MAY NOT commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without our explicit permission!
You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (Internet, FIDO, Magazine Covers, local BBS, etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.
Unreal Tournament 3 Weapons, Pickups and Vehicles mutators for Unreal Tournament 2004 is Copyright (c) 2008 by GreatEmerald and Wormbo.
Unreal Tournament 2004 (c) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 Epic Games, Inc. and Digital Extremes. All Rights Reserved. Unreal and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
Unreal Tournament 3 (c) 2007, 2008 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Unreal and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.