Liandri Hacker v2
So what's this?
Designed as a reinstatement of a blade-based melee weapon for the Tournament (and replacing the Impact Hammer), the Liandri Hacker is a durable tarydium-powered mining tool that can cut through tough materials with little to no resistance, including flesh. Primary fire initialises the high-speed circular saw, whereas secondary fire engages the rubble-clearing electrical discharge, which is powerful enough to launch vehicles around and destroy them in two or three hits. The resulting recoil will also propel the user backwards, and so can be used to "hop" across great distances.
The main features of the weapon are:
Changelog for version 2:* Primary fire blade attack - can slice heads off and eviscerate corpses.
* Secondary fire shock blast - very effective for destroying vehicles (and enemies on foot), can propel the player firing it backwards.
* Mutator that replaces the Impact Hammer with this Hacker weapon.
* Configurable secondary fire throwback - more details in readme!
Screenshots* Secondary fire ragdolls enemies (tip: ragdoll opponents then chop them up with primary fire whilst they're recovering).
* Secondary fire can now knock powerups off players (like the Impact Hammer secondary).
* Primary fire sound altered - it's now a looped cue that fixes the problem with custom music (the music would restart after firing).
* Muzzle flashes added for both fire modes - more eye candy!
* More graphical detail for the hit effects (when hitting walls/players/vehicles).
* Server upk reference bug fixed (servers will now push the HackerResources.upk file as well as the code package).
* Damage values are configurable in UTHacker.ini (in the Config folder).
* Various "under the bonnet" tweaks that have no visual effect.
hackerv2.zip (842KB) from FileWorks.
There is a mutator provided called "Hacker - Replace Impact Hammer" that will work just fine, as the Hacker was more or less designed as a replacement for the Hammer.
You can also choose to use Epic's "Weapon Replacement Mutator" to replace any weapon you want with the Hacker, if you have a certain longing for the old Hammer...
Alternatively, you can use the console command "giveweapon" - here's the correct syntax for the weapon:
Who's the author behind this terrible excuse for a mod!?giveweapon hacker.utweap_hacker - Will give you the Hacker
Parser did the coding and messing about with models - you can find him at http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com