I'd be surprised if this isn't on the forum anywhere, but I haven't seen it:
My notes from the Gearheadsofwar Podcast. Some are already known, others are new to me.
It's over an hour long I think.
- Torque headshots decapite and stick the head to the nearest wall until it explodes
- Host fix unconfirmed (it was all on LAN)
- Screenshots were hard to take due to pace of the action
- You can change options / maps / settings in the lobby
- Haloish matchmaking confirmed.
- Martyrdom not so bad. Much harder to pull off than in COD4
- very few Locust shields on the map
- Shields (meat and metal) very effective
- Flamethrower somewhat slow to kill. Fire doesn't seem to attach to the victim.
- River map was the most fun (like Canals but about 20% larger).
- Shotgun nerfed from a distance. Still powerful within 10 ft. Slower rate of fire. Stopping power also discourages shotgun rushes.
- Lancer seemed more accurate. More powerful now.
- Hammerburst useful med - long range
- Boomshot not as wide a splash damage, but more accurate. 4 shots and 2 shot simultaneous on active reload. Not nerfed.
- Concussive force of smoke grenade very effective.
- Chainsaw overpowered? Stopping power didn't slow down or even stun a chainsawer. Bug. chainsaw still sucks around corners. Bug. Should be fixed before Nov.
- No melee stun.
- Most active reloads just make you reload faster and add a little more damage. No one shot downs.
- Gorgon pistol nerfed. Still 6 round bursts and accurate, but time between bursts extended.
- Torque targeting reticule changes color and shape to clue you in that it's ready.
- Wingman plays like FFA with a partner.
- Meatflag renamed Submission. AI dialed back from previous iterations. Only attacks when threatened.
- Bots? Probably (edit: Yes)
- Guardian far more enjoyable than Assasination.
- Execution, Warzone, Annex returning. 7 - 10 new gametypes.
- Spending 50% of the development time on multiplayer. Already looks and plays well.
- They're trying to bring strategic / cover gameplay back.
- Video recording likely. (Edit: Nope)
- Chainsaw duel works fine. Teammates shooting the attacker works well.
- Vulnerable during executions. Dangerous to showboat.
- Crawling around makes the game far more interesting when you're down.
- about 6 or 7 different character models for each side
- Quite a few "I can't talk about this or that new thing" moments
jeez that was long.