Name: Screenshot Sender
Version: This is really the final version (except if some huge bugs occur which prevents the mutator from working correctly).
Compatibility: Tested in UT2004 (v. 3369) and in TO:C (1.8 beta). Should be compatible with all mods and mutators.
Short Description: The screenshot sender final is an UT2004 anticheat mutator made by me, Gugi, which takes screenshots on the client.
The screenshot sender is an anticheat-mutator for dedicated UT2004 servers.
Its purpose is to take screenshots on the client and send them to the server so that an administrator can search for suspicious HUD content like a radar.
The main advantage of this mutator compared to anticheats like AntiTCC, SafeGame or my ClanManager is that it also shows native hacks, which are not detectable by those mutators.
But you cannot detect hacks which don't draw anything onto the HUD.
The mutator has two parts: the mutator, which produces html-files in the UserLogs-directory containing the bytes of the screenshot, and an external program which converts the files back to the image (source-code of the converter is included). This is the only way I found to save the images.
The screenshot sender has many different options affecting the image-quality, the transfer-speed, etc. Thus you can find the best quality/speed compromise for your server. You can see the various quality settings in the thread of the old version.
But here I need to say a warning: Use the mutator at your own risk because if wrongly used (like setting the resolution too high) could cause the server/client to crash as it might use too much bandwith or cpu-power. I am NOT responsible for any damage done in any way to anybody/anything.
However, the mutator worked always fine and I never heard of any crashes.
If you want to hide the fact, that the screenshot sender is running on your server, you can do it with no problem:
Shambler coded a nice little program which allows you to change the package name of the mutator and the mutator name itself. It is included in the download-package.
Changes since the last version:
- Fixed the warnings in the log which occurred sometimes.
- Added a ServerActor which loads the mutator.
- Added special version for Tactical Ops: Crossfire (which has some changes, see the Readme). The normal version is not compatible with TO:C and vice versa.
- Added “AutoExcludedGUIDs” and “MainExcludedGUIDs” allowing you to specify players which won't be affected by the screenshots.
- Added Settings-menu (see Screenshot below).
- Added menu which allows admins to take screenshots ingame with the desired settings easily (see Screenshot below).
- The setting “MaxBytesPerSecond” is now working correctly and more effecient than before.
- Added option to take more than 1 automatic screenshot (e.g. every 2 minutes one).
- Added an option to specify a lower and upper limit for automatic screenshots. Between those two values a random value is generated which is used to define after how many deaths or seconds the automatic screenshot is taken.
- If “MutServerInfoName” is empty, the normal mutator name will now show up in the server info.
- Fixed many other bugs.
- Updated the Readme.
Plenty of cheaters were already detected (these are only a few of them).
An UT2004 cheater
Here are some screenshots of the various quality settings.
The new settings menu and the Takescreenshot-menu:
Shambler, lakri, humacyrnus, Vulcano, CVROY, Flak, Snake, EPIC, the whole UT2k4-clan, who ever else I forgot.
If you have any questions or need some help with this mutator, feel free to ask me. SUPPORT-Forum (no registration required).
MD5-Hash of the archive: 8cc664069700fa51ddb5bc32876153eb
DOWNLOAD SCREENSHOT SENDER FINAL
If you want to post a link to this mutator, please link to ut2k4-gaming.de!!
Feedback is very appreciated, so if you like the mutator, please post and rate.
Thanks for downloading,