Patch 1.1 fails at EULA
I'm running a Dell Inspiron notebook - Windows XP SP2 with 1.8 core Duo, 2 gigs of RAM, nVidia Geforce 7800/7900 (not looking at it right now) Go video card. The release version of the game runs great. Surprisingly, I can even run it on compat scale 3 - on a notebook!?! Anyway, very satisfied with the level of performance.
BUT, when I try to install PATCH 1.1, I get to the EULA agreement window and it disappears! Wha!? It pops up for a split second then, GONE. Any ideas why the patch would do this? I've tried downloading versions from Beyond Unreal, Filefront, and atomicgamer. They all do the same thing. Any ideas are much appreciated.
Notebook Patch 1.1 Fail at EULA - FIX!
Hey! Not too many replies on the issue... Maybe us mobile people just don't count (tee hee). But, if anybody out there is having this problem, I managed to find a way around it. While it is not the most intuitive fix, it worked like a charm and now UT3 is running fine with the update.
Make sure you have a functioning release version of UT3 with my games folders and .ini(s) established. I did it with a fresh install and having run the game one time. Close all open apps.
Then, it is as simple as this:
1. Run Patch1.exe from desktop
2. Note the extractor/installer has a grayed out temp folder location displayed
3. Quickly navigate to the folder location
4. Right click on folder
6. Move pointer to desktop
7. Right click on desktop (highlight paste, BUT DON'T CLICK!)
8. Wait for the EULA agreement to pop up (this indicates extraction is finished)
9. Before it disappears, PASTE
10. A copy of the temp ("RarSFX0") folder is now on your desktop
11. Open it and see an Update.exe
12. Double click update.exe
13. Watch for a pop up that states you have successfully installed the patch.
You have patched your weird unable to patch normally Dell laptop up to version 1.1.
You can't kill me, Cobra Commander. I'm already dead.