Small workaround for continued CD-Key query....
Nothing big, really, but maybe it'll help a few ppl....
Maybe most of you even know, but maybe some don't, so here I go
Maybe this got already posted, in that case, sorry for wasting database space with this thread....
To not have to constantly enter your CD-Key over and over again, you could do this:
- Be in one situation (on- or offline) and run the game, enter CD-Key if asked for.
- Exit the game
- Go into your "Config" folder inside "<UserDocs>\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame"
- Copy the file "UTEngine.INI" to something like "UTEngine_offline.INI" or "UTEngine_online.INI", depending of what you are at the moment.
- Switch to the other situation (i.e. go off, if you're on or on if you're off)
- Run game, enter key, exit game
- Again, go into config folder and copy "UTEngine.INI" - this time to a filename reflecting the other, now active situation
Now, whenever you launch UT after "changing state", just copy the "UTEngine_offline.INI" or "UTEngine_online.INI" back to "UTEngine.INI" before launching the game.
It should not ask you for the key again, then.
I was thinking of slamming a small tool together that lets you choose between multiple sets of configs.... I imagine this would come in handy in this situation till it's fixed in a Patch....