Market District X
Requires UT3 (duh).
Tested in Single Player. The bots do OKish. They could stand to be more aggressive capturing nodes and they often dump vehicles in the alleys, but they'll go everywhere and do everything.
Multiplayer is untested.
Epic's MarketDistrict with extra nodes and vehicles for more variety and mayhem.
I made the following adjustments:
My design goals were threefold:
- Added a node near each base. Hellbender parked in the corner for Red, Nightshade for Blue, AVRiL in the locker.
- Added a node to the buildings in the corners. Scorpion parked outside for Red, Scavenger for Blue. These nodes link the cores.
- Center node is now standalone and provides a Manta and Viper.
- Added a Scorpion to the station node near the Red base and a Scavenger to the one near the Blue base.
These changes are obviously a matter of personal taste, but I really like the way it plays now. You have amazing variety in options and all parts of the map get used. Since most nodes are inside, there's still tons of work for people on foot.
- Get rid of the choke setup. Accomplished by using double prime nodes and leaving the rest as standalone side objectives.
- Make better use of Epic's excellent mapping real estate. Great map, shame to let the corners go to waste. Done by adding nodes to the otherwise pretty pointless corner buildings and plaza.
- Add vehicles. I chose a mixture of Axon and Necris because cars seemed to fit the urban setting, the Necris stuff is plain cool and I wanted maximum variety. I could not add flying vehicles because of map limitations and the Goliath, SPMA, Darkwalker and Nemesis seemed a bit too much of a good thing.
I am a n00b mapper and not aspiring to learn how to map properly, but if I can improve on the following stuff in a simple manner, then please tell me all about it:
- Balance. Do the scorps and the 'bender hold up against the scavs and the 'shade?
- Any vehicles, weapons or pickups I should add or (re)move?
- Any way I can reduce the ridiculous file size?
- Any way I can improve bot behavior?
Epic for making the map.
Me for adapting the map. Which was like 0.01% of the overall effort.
(60 megs... yup)
Installation instructions provided in the Readme in the download.