Version: 1.0 FINAL
Description: Bradford's stunning art gallery was opened in 1904 with an important collection of Victorian and Edwardian works following its donation to the city by Samuel Cunliffe Lister. The hall, surrounded by a first rate park offers something for everyone. Exciting temporary exhibitions plus permanent art collections, including 20th Century British Artists are on display.
The UT2003 version of this map was my submission to PC Format Magazine's "Design a UT2003 level and win a PC" contest. (PC Format Issue 154 - November 2003)
UPDATE: My map won 1st place in the aforementioned contest and I received a new computer as the grand prize. In addition, I was invited to the UK to visit Cartwright Hall in person. I will take the trip later this year (2004). During my visit I will take reference photos and measurements for an updated version of this map! Visit my website (www.funrealtournament.com) for more information as it becomes available.
Comments: Just converting my UT2003 version to UT2004. Here are some changes from the 2003 version to the 2004 version:
1. Better smoothing on my grand piano mesh.
2. Scaled down the twig texture on the terrain.
3. Fixed conversion problem where health bases were poking through custom bases.
4. Fixed conversion problem where amp and udamage bases were poking through custom bases.
6. Fixed conversion/collision issue with player start in one of the statue display boxes.
7. Added Grenade Launcher and ammo in the vestibule for spammy goodness.
8. Fixed conversion problem with ammo pickups being embedded in floor.
9. Fixed conversion issue with double quotes in LevelSummary.
10. Added updated information regarding the results of the PC Format Magazine's 'Design a UT2003 level and win a PC' contest. (PC Format Issue 154 - November 2003) and also regarding my future trip out to the UK for better reference for an update to this map.
11. Used a better photo of the outside of Cartwright Hall for the menu screenie. Also seperated the colage of 4 screenshots I originally used for use inside within the material sequence.
12. Fixed a problem with a seam in the wooden floor up in the open Central Area where the Lightning Gun is.
13. Replaced the Lighting Gun in Gallery 5 downstairs with the Classic Sniper Rifle since there is already a Lightning Gun in the Central Area upstairs. Added Classic Sniper ammo around.
14. Added clasical music track by G.F. Handel (1685-1759).
15. Fixed conversion issue with the piano and toilet sound triggers.
16. Raised the volume of the toilet sound.
17. Fixed shader / dissapearing texture issue on the dom screens in the display case in Gallery 6.
18. Other stuff I can't remember...
The first screenshot is an actual photo of Cartwright Hall. Not the map. I wish. LOL.
Some related magazine stuff about my map:
PCFormat Magazine (April 2004, #160)
Museums Journal Mag Cover (April 2004)
Museums Journal Magazine 2 Page Spread (April 2004)
* The in-game screenshots that were used in the Museums Journal Magazine were taken by my friends ChemicalBurn and 1BIGDIRTNAP.
Teddie 'teddabod' Tapawan
Alla Hornpipe - George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
Thanks to my wife and kids for putting up with me during the construction of this map.
Thanks to the following people for taking some of the UT2003 screenshots that are displayed
in the lower galleries of the map:
Ben "Wolvish" Palmer
Rene 'Darkus' Cook
Thanks to my beta testers:
Capt_13M (Tested the UT2003 Version)
ChemicalBurn (Tested the UT2003 Version)
Danny "Oozabooman" Hompoth (Tested the UT2004 Version)
[NBS]Flak (Tested the UT2004 Version)
Nathjan (Tested the UT2004 Version)
Thanks to all the folks who support and play my maps!