I just wanted to say thanks to some of the veterans out there for postiing some good info. I did some reading on the forum yesterday and finally learned how to use all of the weapons (thanks to whoever posted that description of most weapons)
That damn trans locator thing still has be befungled but I was still able to play pretty well last night.
Coulple of Questions:
1. Dodging?? Is there some secrets that I don't know? All if really know how to do is double jump. What else am I missing???
2. Can you fly in this damn game?? Teach me oh great ones.
There are a couple of types of dodging:
1. Regular Dodge
2. Dodge jump
3. Wall dodge/wall jump
1. Just press any direction key twice rapidly and you will performe a "dodge move"
2. Press any direction key twice rappidly to perform a regular dodge. In the mid air of the dodge you press the jump key. This makes you jump in the middle of the dodge to gain a little more distance.
3. Stand next to a vertical wall. Jump up....and when you are in the air perform a dodge. This will make you character dodge away from the wall in mid-air.
4. Shield jump....just popped into my head. You can also use your shield gun to perform extra high jumps. Load your shield gun using your primary fire. Jump, realese the primary fire button, this will make you go high up in the air, but you will lose some health.
About the flying......
The only flying you're capable of is to use the veichles.
However if you're playing offline you can always open the console and type "fly". This is a "cheat" that will make you fly, but it only works offline.
You are awesome man!!!!
Thanks for the tips. Someday I might just be in a clan.
Try also running forward and doging, holding down your forward key, and strafe to the side and double tap in that side direction. That way you don't actually 'stop' to dodge.
sweet. thanks. PLayed well last night.
Its so much different (speed wise) than counterstrike which I used to play back in the day.
that's because counterstrike is a pos. ut is by far the best fps ever made due to the wide range of movement. It adds a whole new level to the gameplay so that people don't just point and click. Good luck in the future and frag some bishes.