View Full Version : DM-Devastation
12-22-2007, 12:24 AM
This is a map ive been working on, currently it is pretty much done, all I have left to do is build the outside area and do quality lighting. Please post about any bugs/comments you find I would love to get feedback on this. Hope you enjoy.
12-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Looks nicely done. I figure you have yet to do lighting so I won't say anything about that :). I'm busy for the next 24 hours so can't play until then. Will hopefully provide feedback then.
12-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Looking much healthier this time round!
Will give it a play through at some point.
12-22-2007, 03:32 AM
This is a totally kick ass map .. it has some of the best flow of any of the user made maps around ... I really liked how you avoided any dead ends .. that is always nice ... anyway I think this map is really excellent and has a great layout. I would ask for:
- a tad more health vials
- I would also ask for a UDamage or some other cool pickup (berserk or Invisibility) and maybe a well hidden super health.
- Also I think this level could use some more trim and a bit more dirtying up ... see Defiance for what I mean ... papers strewn about the ground, trash cans/barrels, old signs that are broken and hanging on a hinge.
- Maybe some sort of broken mechanical grinds ... some cobwebs ... the kind of stuff that adds more to the atmosphere basically.
- Broken windows would help as well. Maybe even a wreck of a car in one of the corners.
- Also as everyone has said the lighting could use some work, It should be darker in some places than in others to really have some nice contrast and some nice shadows and stuff.
- Maybe use some next gen blur for looking out the windows into the distance and seeing the city landscape I think that would really make the map more appealing on an artistic level.
So yeah you have all the foundation for something that can be truly amazing. I almost see an old garage in my mind ... this level reminds me alot of the level in the Spiderman the movie game 1 when he was fighting these thugs in a garage and using some of the darkness to his advantage. In any event I am really going to be looking forward to seeing progress being made on this level. I really like urban themed levels alot and yours has plenty of grit to it. Also I appreciate the armor pieces you chose (belt, chest plate, helmet were excellent choices for this map). :)
12-22-2007, 02:24 PM
i want to see it with lighting :O
12-22-2007, 07:45 PM
bump ... any news on the progress of this cool level?
12-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Can't wait to see this with lighting.
12-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Love the feel of this map. Lots of room to move, but always plenty of action. Not like some large levels where it becomes tedious wandering round looking for a bot. All this map needs is polish lighting as mentioned and a few objects around the place to break up the theme a little. Cant wait for finished product
12-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Can't wait to see this with lighting.
12-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Layout is greattt, I can see great dueling future for this map !!! guess you already know about the lighting issue :p Dude-you have until christmas to finish the lighting, if not I'll do something and give 100% credits to you.
12-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I am currently away from my pc until the weekend, i have some lighting done, but to get the lighting i want for this map will take me few days more once i get home, sorry for the wait, but i couldnt bring my pc on the train home =P. Thanks for the input and im glad u all like it. =D
12-24-2007, 02:48 PM
^^^ Like it? Dude this map kicks ass!! Once you finish this will be one of my favs I already know because I love this layout .. the flow is just fantastic. Like I said this is just a really solid map that is great fun. Thank you for your time. :)
12-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah and even the bots, omfg they play amazing on it, Other maps need to study how you do layouts, inc. myself !
12-27-2007, 12:36 PM
12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
i think it'll be out in the next year)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.