View Full Version : Some Beginner Questions...
06-28-2003, 07:39 PM
I have some questions... Im pretty new to UT2003... I have played a couple of matches (mostly CTF, I dont really like straightforward DMing) and Im confused about a couple of things :
1) When I get a server list there are usually a couple of small icons before the server name (a small skull, etc).. What do these stand for?
2) I have the feeling Im playing against bots sometimes... How do you see the difference between a BOT and a normal player??? People are NOT responding at all to my chat messages...?
Thats it for the moment!
06-28-2003, 08:26 PM
1) the symbols you asked about you'll find out eventually.
2) You will know you are playing bots by looking at their ping. Here's how you do it. While fighting press F1 and a ranking of all the combatants will pop up, you might see something like Ping and then a number. If the ping is zero it is a bot.
06-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks a lot! :)
06-29-2003, 11:48 AM
1) In the "Play On-Line/LAN" menu go to the "Filter" tab, and at the bottom there's a button called "Icon Key". It shows what most of the symbols represent.
06-30-2003, 03:52 PM
What does "Listen Server" mean? (the ear icon)
06-30-2003, 04:17 PM
it means that the host is not running a dedicated server, (devoting that computer to process the data from the game) You will probably find more people and better connections on dedicated servers.
06-30-2003, 07:00 PM
if you have the felling your playing against bots press f1(default) and if they have a ping of 0 they are usually bots unless the guy/girl hows server it is might be playing but after a while youll learn:-)
07-04-2003, 01:45 PM
What is a bot compare to ?
07-08-2003, 02:01 PM
What do you mean? What is a bot compared to? Reiterate the question then maybe I can help.
07-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Also, some folks save their chatting until the end of the game. If your attempting to conversate in the "heat of battle" you might not get a response.;)
07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
I ahve a Question. Whever I try to play a game online it says connection failed, and something about the server not authorizing me! Its crazy!
07-14-2003, 03:55 PM
then there changing map or something
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.